how to be confident
Identities

Lets Talk About Confidence

Another person's beauty is not an absence of your own.

99
Lets Talk About Confidence
https://www.pexels.com/photo/nature-person-red-woman-6552/

Confidence is something that everyone struggles with in their life whether they show it or not. A lot of it may stem from feelings of not being good enough, due to the fact that we constantly compare ourselves to those around us. It's also difficult to be confident when we don't really know who we are, and we compare ourselves to those who we think are more confident than us. Even though it is a life long process of discovering ourselves, it is important for us to be sure of things about ourselves, whether it be our likes, dislikes, hobbies, or what we can bring to this world. We are flooded with the pressure of having to know every little thing about ourselves, and it may convince us that it's a bad thing to not know, which makes us not feel as confident in our abilities as we should. Everyone has the ability to be confident.

If you are battling with feelings of not being confident, the trick is to "fake it till you make it". It's a well known saying that unexpectedly worked for me on my journey to find confidence. Even if it just starts out as a joke. Sometimes I would just jokingly hype myself up if I thought I had a poppin' outfit on or if my makeup turned out better than expected, and over time it actually made me unknowingly train myself to become more confident. Instead of just finding the negative things, I looked for the positive. We become what we say we are. We need to train our subconscious mind to make our conscious mind believe that we are confident and worthy of all good in life.

Confidence cannot be taught, even though I wish it was that easy. The truth is that we learn it ourselves through life and our experiences. There is so much beauty in this world and it is important to acknowledge it, even our own. An important note is that having confidence does not mean you think you are above anyone else, that would be cockiness. We are unfortunately taught that thinking we are beautiful, intelligent, handsome, or successful means that we are arrogant. Its only arrogant if you try to shove those qualities down someone's throat. We need to let people think they are amazing and wonderful, and not make ourselves smaller to make other people more comfortable. You are allowed to feel beautiful in this life and feel you are worthy of greatness, because you are.