10 Reasons You Talk To Your Mom Every Day

In the hustle and bustle of growing up, there is an unsung hero that deserves more credit than she receives: Mom.

53
Claudine Biscocho

In the hustle and bustle of growing up and transitioning into adulthood, there is an unsung hero that definitely deserves more credit than she receives: Mom.

Schedules can be hectic and busy, but she is someone that you should always have time for. Reaching out to her can be as easy as having a five-minute phone call or Facetime session with her, and, although you don't need to justify reaching out to her, there are a handful of reasons to talk to her on a daily basis.

1. You miss her.

Personally, I've spent the last four years of my life approximately 130 miles away from home, so I definitely know what it means to miss my mom. However, distance isn't an excuse not to talk to her every day; thank God for technology, right?

2. She makes your day brighter.

No matter how good or bad of a day I'm having, my mom knows how to make it even better. I'm convinced that moms have a sixth sense and can tell when their children are feeling less than stellar. Moms just always know.

3. She's a great listener.

Whenever I'm stressed out about school, clinicals, or my extracurriculars, my mom will always take the time to listen to me rant and complain. If I had to keep it bottled up, my head would probably explode.

4. Something you saw/heard reminded you of her.

My mom and I have a crazy-long Facebook Messenger thread of puppy videos and silly memes, simply because they remind us of each other. It's gotten to the point where I subconsciously send Doug the Pug posts to her!

5. She knows what makes you laugh.

I'm not gonna lie, it doesn't take much to make me laugh, but my mom has some sort of secret access to my funny bone. She's one of the funniest people I know, and she never fails to add happiness to my life in the smallest, simplest, and sweetest ways.

6. She's your #1 supporter.

You are never a failure in your mother's eyes. Ever since I was little, my mom always told me to follow my dreams. 21 years later, she proudly stands behind me in all I plan to do and be in my future.

7. She reminds you how great you are.

I've always had pretty low self-esteem, which I did not admit to my mom until fairly recently. Whenever I'm feeling down and doubtful about myself, she never fails to remind me that I am beautiful and strong and that I should always keep my chin up.

8. You want to keep her updated on your life.

My mom has worked so hard to help get me to where I am in life, and I believe that she deserves to stay up-to-date on how my life has been going since becoming an "adult." Whether it's about new nursing skills or upcoming PAL events, it's nice to let her know what I'm up to and how I'm doing.

9. She'll keep you encouraged and motivated.

Life can really get me down sometimes, but my mom will never hesitate to keep me going. She knows how hard I've worked and how important it is to stay motivated, so she will make it her priority that I stay on track.

10. You love her.

My mom is one of the greatest people in my life. She is easily one of my favorite people, too. She constantly tells me how much she misses and loves me, and I know distance makes it hard, but she deserves to know that the love is just as much – if not more – from my side.

A friend of mine reminded me that, in the process of growing up, sometimes we forget that our parents are growing old. This touched my heart particularly because I would never want my mom to think that I prioritize anything in my life over her.

Mammy, I know you read my articles every week, so I just wanted to say – happy belated birthday, I miss you, and I'll be seeing you soon. I love you so much.