10 Thoughts Every Student Has Had During Online Classes

Remote learning is a weird time.

61379

Online classes and virtual reality in general have been the staple of 2020. One day in March, everything shut down and we all had to learn how to work, teach, study, do therapy, and take classes remotely without much preparation. So, it's been a roller-coaster experience, and definitely not what we expected.

1. "If the lecture is recorded, do I really need to attend the Zoom meeting?"

To sleep in, or to procrastinate. Decisions, decisions....

2. "I wonder what sales I can find while online shopping."

Ever had that moment where you get bored in class and start online shopping in another browser? Because same.

3. "Do I really need to keep my camera on?"

If I keep my camera on, that means I have to look like I'm interested, so I'll pass.

4. "Oh no, another person forgot to mute themselves."

Cue the professor asking the class to mute themselves, even though they can mute everyone as the host. Not that hard.

5. "When would be a good time to unmute without interrupting someone?"

Asking questions in class is awkward, especially when you accidentally interrupt someone. Sorry guys, I promise I'm not purposely cutting you off.

6. "Do I really need to study if the quiz is open book?"

The answer is no.

7. "I hope this exam is not proctored."

I relied HEAVILY on my notes in stats class so getting an email about upcoming exams was always nerve-wracking, because I could not survive them without my resources.

8. "Oh look, another technical issue."

We love it when the professor has to end class early because their laptop keeps kicking them off Zoom.

9. "Should I get a head start on the next module?"

The struggle of a workaholic is bad when every module is available upon the start of the semester. So many opportunities to work ahead....

10. "Do I bother getting out of bed for my morning class?"

Sleeping in until the very last minute and waking up to immediately log on to Zoom seems like a good idea.

I think we can all relate to these thoughts during Zoom University 2020. Gear up for another round of it next year! Here we go again.