Taking Your Own Path

Taking Your Own Path

Figuring out who you are and taking control of your youth.

77
Taking Your Own Path

Taking your own path is something every young adult has to figure out for themselves. It is something that I have finally figured out. Your life is your adventure. You are in charge of it. Do not let other people try to influence you. Do not go through your adventure bowing down to someone else or trying to please others. At the end of the day, you are the only person who needs to be happy with yourself.

As a young adult, people will try to tell you that you need know what you want to do for the rest of your life. You don't need to know. You have the rest of your life to figure it out and decide what career you want. When I was younger, I thought I was going to be a lawyer or a criminal investigator. I never thought I would want to do anything else, but look at me now: six classes until I'm a junior in college, in cosmetology school, and not a clue what I really want to do with my life. Hopefully, I will figure it out one day, but for now I'm just enjoying my youth.

Enjoying your youth is something that many people take for granted. You are only young once, so be wild. Stop worrying about tomorrow, because it will always turn out the way it's supposed to. Have fun, live fast. Just stop and smell the roses, because before you know it, you will be an adult.You will never be as free to do as you please as you are now at any other time in your life. Our younger years are the time of our lives where we are supposed to figure out who we are and who we want to become.

Figuring out who you are as a person is something that is crucial to taking your own path. I have learned more about myself in the past year that I have been out of high school than any other time in my life. I have found comfort in getting to know who I am and being confident with my personality. I know who I want to be, and I know that the path I'm on will help me get there. Just because I don't know what I want to do with my life doesn't mean that I don't know the kind of person I want to be in life. Everyone should take the time while their young to figure out who they are and who they want to become.