You Do Not Have To Get It Perfect; You Just Have To Start

You Do Not Have To Get It Perfect; You Just Have To Get It Going

Go out, and do something!

75

You've probably heard the saying that everyone is on different timelines. This means that just because someone else accomplishes something amazing before you, it doesn't mean you won't get there eventually. Your time will come. It is okay to be unsure of what is next in your journey. With that being said, it is not okay to use this hesitant mindset as an excuse to do nothing. The first step is to recognize that everyone is on different paths, and stop comparing yours to those who seem to have it all together. Although, the second step is the most important because it involves actually taking that next step on your path.

You can start by figuring out exactly what beliefs you have that hold you back. You know that voice inside your head that screams you aren't good enough for something? Pinpoint what exactly is limiting you from accomplishing your goals. Once you get clarity, set goals you want to accomplish without that restricting belief. For me, I have a constant feeling of being under qualified. Whether it is for a position I am interviewing for or as a mentor and role model, I do not feel secure enough in who I am and what I am doing to be able to get the job done right. So for me, having professional confidence and doing what I want to do without being afraid is something I am working on. I am doing so by building my resume and networking in order to be able to put myself out there more confidently.

Everyone has their own struggles, but at the end of the day, you are confined by walls you have built yourself. Mind over matter. It is that simple. So, all you have to do is get it going, whatever that it may be for you. Never lose sight of what you want. Don't let other peoples' success deter you from striving for your own. Your time may not have come yet, but it never will if you don't take that next step. So be patient, but more importantly—be proactive.