5 Reasons To Take Online Classes

5 Reasons To Take Online Classes

If you want to have a better college experience, then online classes might be the right option for you.

131
Trinity Community College

Do you ever feel that going to class drains all of your time and energy? By the time you finish class, all you want to do is eat or sleep because you're so exhausted. I definitely felt that way, which is why I decided to take online classes. There are so many benefits that come from it. It is the best solution to end your daily struggle of exhaustion.

Here are some of the main reasons why you should start taking classes online.

1. It saves time and money.

This is especially helpful for commuters. By taking online classes, you can do it in the comfort of your own home or anywhere you want, as long as you have access to a computer. You no longer have to leave extremely early to make it to your classes on time. You won't have to dread the daily struggle of fighting for a parking space because the school refuses to make more parking available.

I live only 12 minutes away from school, but I always leave at least 40 minutes early because I know I will have to park far away and walk all across campus to get to my class. Since you won't have to constantly be driving, you're saving money. You won't be wasting gas money, and you can use that money for all of your other college expenses.

2. It opens up your schedule.

For most of the online courses, you have one week to complete what your professor assigned. For one of my classes, I was given two weeks to complete the assignments. You can do the work at your own time and pace. If you wanted to, you could do some of the week's worth of assignments in one sitting.

Sometimes when you have to go to a classroom in the morning or at night, you can't concentrate. You might be exhausted and all you want to do is sleep. By having your classes online, you can do things at any time of the day that works best for you.

Once you finish work, you won't have to worry about that class until the next week. You can plan out when you will complete the work. This will open up your schedule so you can do other things. You can get involved more and join clubs at school. This will also help you out if you have a job. You won't have to worry about your classes interfering with your work schedule or vice versa.

3. It increases productivity. 

You're being more productive with your time. Sometimes going to the classroom is a complete waste of time and energy. Some teachers will just read from a PowerPoint or directly from the textbook. You could easily do all of that yourself on your own time. It is a misuse of your time by making you get up, get dressed, drive over for a class that lasts over an hour and then have to drive home.

Now you are probably tired and hungry so you will eat and then sleep the rest of the day. When you went to school, you were not able to get any work done. You only went to class because you were required to go. With online classes, you can sleep more and get more done. Instead of waking up at six in the morning for your 8 A.M. class, you might wake up at nine in the morning, get your homework done within the hour, and have the rest of the day to do anything you want.

You might be able to knock out a week's worth of assignments for one class in the same amount of time it took you to go to class and come home. It makes more sense to stay at home.

4. It reduces anxiety.

If you are the type of person that does not like to participate in class, then you will love online classes. Some people don't like being called on in class and feeling the embarrassment of saying the wrong answer. Simply speaking out loud in front of others is enough for some students to stay at home.

If your classes are online, all of those problems and fears will disappear. All you have to worry about is completing your work on time.

5. It keeps you on track.

You never have to be concerned about forgetting to study or missing a class. Everything online is set up so that you know exactly what you have to do for that week. You won't have to worry about missing a class. I feel so anxious about that because there is no way to make up a lecture, and who knows what important information the professor gave out that day? There is no way to miss out on information when it is all online.

Also, sometimes in life we forget things. You might forget to study for a test or quiz or forget to do the reading for that class. Then you have to take an assessment and you know you won't do well. That one grade might hurt your GPA and all just because you simply forgot that one day. Online courses have no surprises like that to be worried about, which can be a relief. I enjoy knowing every week exactly what I have to do.

From someone who has taken online classes, I can personally tell you that it has given me the opportunity to have two jobs, to be with my family more, and most importantly, to stay at home and be with my dog.

Online classes have ensured that I am having the best college experience possible.