Take A Chance On Life And Love

Take A Chance On Life And Love

There’s got to be a better ‘yes’ along the road after countless ‘no’s.

9
Take A Chance On Life And Love
Katie McVicker

As the seasons change, there’s new opportunities to experience transforming sights and smells. There’s also always the possibility of growth. With life and love, there’s constantly new choices and people lining up along your path. If one passes you by, there’s another one waiting for you around the bend. It’s taken me a long time to realize this. I think that’s something that a lot of people struggle with, so it’s comforting to know that we’re not alone in this endless world.

That being said, please be patient with me. I’m still trying to learn about myself and find out what the heck I’m doing. I am almost always at a crossroads trying to decide where to go next. I know in my heart what I want out of life, I just don’t know where to start. Or how to get there. That's the beauty in life, though. Life has a funny way of breaking you down into pieces and watching how you rebuild yourself from those shards.

It’s terrifying when we don’t know what to do next. It’s maddening when you imagine every possible scenario that could follow. It’s like a loop that happens over and over in your mind that also keeps you rooted where you are. You don’t move forward into any of those possibilities. You’re immobile even before you’ve made a decision. Emotions like fear, discomfort, uncertainty, and dread all bubble up into your consciousness. Ultimately, though, staying put where you are is also a decision that you may not be aware that you’re making.

But in order for growth to happen, these chances need to be taken. You need to step off the ledge into uncertainty and plunge into it without really knowing how it’s going to end. You might fear that it’ll end up like something from your past, or that nothing will come of what you seek and it will slowly fade into oblivion. But there’s a chance it may be better than anything you’ve ever wanted. There’s got to be a better ‘yes’ along the road after countless ‘no’s.

By delaying your decision to take action, you are also delaying your path to success. The longer you wait to act on something, the farther you are away from all the good that’s meant for you. Even if it takes small steps to get to where you want to be, it’s worth it in the long run. So, take a chance on someone you like or go after a passion you’ve wanted to spend more time on. And if it doesn’t turn out like all you had hoped for, you will have an answer. Either way, you will learn more about yourself or what you want out of life and that’s the best thing that you could do for yourself. Make that leap; it may be closer than you’ve ever thought it could be.