Tag Yourself: Concert Edition

Tag Yourself: Concert Edition

The many wonderful and fascinating people at concerts.

16
Tag Yourself: Concert Edition

I’ve been lucky enough to attend many concerts, ranging from some of my all-time favorite bands to random shows that I still had a great time at. The truest fact and common denominator of every concert are the incredible types of people you see. I’m not lying when I say, I’ve probably been at least all of these people at the concerts I have attended. From boy bands to hardcore rappers to alternative grudge, I have experienced it all. Since I had the pleasure of seeing one of my favorite bands last week, The Avett Brothers, I absorbed all of my surroundings during the entire show — and what I found was glorious. Here are the different types of people at concerts.

Emotional Curveballs

The people that start crying when the artist steps on stage and doesn’t stop until they have been back home from the concert for five hours. The “You don’t understand, I’m their biggest fan” fans. A concert is something these people have to prepare for because it isn’t every day that you get to hear your idol perform solely to you. They save their ticket stubs and cry about their concert years after it happened.

Too Cool For Concerts

Now on the opposite hand, these are the people that control their emotions a little too much. The people who will sit down if there is a seat available and maybe tap their foot to the beat, maybe. They want to be at the concert, but they don’t want anybody to really know that. I suppose we need a few of these people to bring down the rest of the dedicated fans.

Viber

The people who absorb everything from the concert atmosphere. They sway when they should, clap when necessary, and usually have a brooding look on their face. They enjoy their concert just as much as the next person, but they have all their emotions handled. If you are lucky, you might hear them hum a few songs.

Videographer

An iPhone 5’s video quality has never looked better. These are the people who think if they record everything and post it on their Snapchat story everyone will be impressed. Unfortunately, these are also the people who usually think they are better singers than the actual artist and give their Snapchat friends a little more humor than they signed up for.

Early Farewells

These are the people who leave before the encore. Traffic is too much of a hassle for them and they would rather take the loss and just leave. The “Excuse me, so sorry,” type of people. Are they parents with their kids? Usually. Are their kids wearing those obnoxious earphones? For sure.

Electric Ball Of Fun

Last, but certainly not least, we have the people who leave planet Earth and honestly, never come back. These people have enough fun for all of us at concerts. Whether its their favorite artist or not, you can count on them being intense. These are the people that don’t stop dancing and make you wonder if they choreographed their dances beforehand. They are impressive and interesting. Mostly due to their undying energy and love for the music.

Concerts are fantastic no matter what type of audience member you are! I hope you have experienced all of these people, especially the last!