Sync it loud, and sync it proud.

Sync it loud, and sync it proud.

12 lip sync battles that are better than the rest.

13
blogs.chapman.edu

Everyone knows what lip sync battles are now. It first became popular as a segment in The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Many guests on the show competed against Jimmy Fallon in the segment much to the joy of the show's viewers. Then, the channel Spike picked up on the idea and made a show called "Lip Sync Battle" hosted by LL Cool J. Now stars battle other stars instead of competing against the host. However, the show goes a step further than before. Now stars perform 2 songs. The first one is a no frills performance. Typically no fancy costumes or props. The second one is choreographed, full of props, and occasionally has guest cameos. Here's a listing of the top 12 battles.

12. Will Arnet vs. Allison Brie

In case you didn't know, Will Arnet was the voice of Emmett in The Lego Movie. He plays his character well. Allison Brie pulls off the Jessie J look pretty well. And the wanted poster at the end was a nice touch.

11. John Krasinski vs. Anna Kendrick

Perfectly portrayed puppets on a string? Check. Killer boy band moves? Check. Messing with the competition? Check. Both stars kill it in their own way.

10. Paul Rudd vs. Jimmy Fallon

You can;t go wrong with Paul Rudd. And you definitely can't go wrong with Queen. While this one might not be as theatrical, the facial expressions and the fact this was all off the tops of their heads makes it great.

9. Deion Sanders vs. Justin Bieber

Deion is in a dress singing Madonna. Need I say more?

8. Zachary Quinto vs. Zoe Saldana

Zoe definitely makes a good Left Eye, and the silver outfits are fantastic. But Zachary pulling out the Missy Elliot is the winner hands down.

7. Ellen DeGeneres vs. Jimmy Fallon

The first songs might be obscure, but it's Ellen and Jimmy. All of it is funny. Totally worth the watch.

6. Terry Crews vs. Mike Tyson

If you haven't seen White Chicks, you should. It would make Terry's song choice make more sense. Vanessa Carlton should be proud. As for Mike Tyson, did you ever expect him to be a part of a lip sync battle?

5. Anne Hathaway vs. Emily Blunt

Anne Hathaway definitely embodied Miley Cyrus here. Just watch out, it's a shocking performance. She definitely came in like a wrecking ball...

4. Emma Stone vs. Jimmy Fallon

Even without the props and the choreography, this one is great. Emma Stone is just awkward enough to make the song choices funny. Plus, her facial expressions are on point. The taunting back and forth between Jimmy and Emma are hilarious.

3. Melissa McCarthy vs. Jimmy Fallon

It's Melissa McCarthy. There's a reason she's one of the top comedic actors. She kills it!

2. Channing Tatum vs. Jenna Dewan-Tatum

Beyonce ain't got nothing on Channing. He makes a fabulous Queen B. And Jenna? She does a great job mocking Channing. There's no way you won't enjoy this one.

1. Julianne Hough vs. Derek Hough

This is brother sister rivalry portrayed at it's finest. There's laughter, facial expressions of how uncomfortable or entertained the competitor is, and moments neither one of them won't live down. It's by far my favorite and the best battle I've seen yet.

Lip sync battles are great to watch. We all lip sync, whether it's in the car, in the shower, or in public. So it's great that we get to see other people do it too. And while they're at it, make us laugh.