Your Go-To 'Syllabus Week Outfit,' According To Your College Major

Your professor's eyes versus your eyes.
117326

For many of you, syllabus week is the most boring and fraught week of your college career.

You are figuring out if your schedule fits your lifestyle, if you actually want to take this certain class because the professor is apparently “easy”, or that you signed up for classes last minute and you are trying to get your shit together. And of course, you do not want to dress the part of your major. But, a great deal of professors like to see you dress in the appropriate uniform.

Let’s imagine for a second and see what you would be wearing according to your major in your professor's eyes versus what you would want to wear instead.

1. Business Majors

In your professor's eyes, "dress for success" is the way to go. But, no one wants to dress like that for class during syllabus week. You would want to wear a basic tee, jeans/sweats, and finishing off with your favorite pair of Nikes.

2. Nursing Majors

Scrubs. That's what your professor would want you to wear to class just so you can get the feel of it. You, on the other hand, would want to wear an outfit that feels like you're wearing scrubs but not wearing scrubs.

3. Biology Majors

You're most likely are taking a lab course for your Biology major and you have to wear the suitable gear for safety precautions. Sometimes the lab coat can get old and all you want to do is wear a tee with something on it that says you love science.

4. Psychology Majors

Dressing in business casual attire can get old and who has the money to buy it for the semester?! Professors don't put that into perspective, especially during syllabus week. You just want to wear a reverse psychology shirt to mess with people's minds and possibly your own.

5. Criminal Justice/Political Science

Professors definitely want you to dress the part of this major to be taken seriously. But, you just want to dress in the Ivy League university sweatshirt that you may get accepted to along with some leggings during syllabus week.

6. Education Majors

No student likes to dress casual for class (no matter how cute the outfit is). Just throw on a cute shirt that states you're a teacher and you are good to go.

7. Engineering Majors

This one was hard but you have all different aspects of engineers. Your professor would like to see you struggle with what to wear for your major, anyway. You, on the other hand, would just like to wear a tracksuit and call it a day.

8. Finance/Accounting Majors

Your professor's eyes would be fond of you sporting the daily suit or pencil skirt. Your eyes would be crisscrossed because you are an accounting major.

9. Communications/Journalism Majors

The way your professor pictures your major outfit is something you would see on the streets of Manhattan. But, you just want to wear your high-waisted Mom jeans with your knock-off Gucci loafers.

10. Fashion Design Majors

Face it. You are the one who is always stylish whatever you put on. A lazy outfit is not in your vocabulary and closet. Keep doing you, boo!

11. Film, Video, and Photography Majors

Your professor would like to see you have on a baggy button-up and ankled pants with a director film hat. Since you are a free spirit, you wear every article of clothing in your closet and just roll with it.