Swim Don't Sink

Swim Don't Sink

Avoiding the end-of-semester scaries.

630
Swim Don't Sink
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/20/636597860248208396-908938987_ocean.jpg

So, it’s that time of the semester when people either sink or they swim. For me, I get really tired and feel like sinking A LOT. There are so many things going on and that need to be done, in and outside of school. I get so overwhelmed and so tense and let things get to me and I have to do better about that in the next few weeks. It’s so easy to get bogged down and to get overly tired and exhaust our body until they reach their breaking point, but we have to be smart about the way we treat ourselves. Maybe these next few weeks you drink more water and less soda. Maybe these next few weeks you cook more instead of eating out. Maybe in the next few weeks you cut back on your social like and take time to rest, really rest your body.

We can always use a bit of motivation and encouragement. One thing that I have realized is that while it got annoying sometimes in high school, my parents were a huge part of me being as successful as I was and continue to be. They have always been the first ones to ask how school is going and if I’ve gotten my work done and I want to always be able to tell them that I have done my best. And while your parents may not be that support for you, someone in your life has been that for you at some point and there is always someone that we would love to make proud.

All in all, take this time now to really focus on what motivates you. Why did you choose your major and career path? Why are you working that job? Why are you working to apply for that internship? There is always a higher goal to be achieved and yes, while it is a lot of hard work and takes time to achieve, the reward in the end is always worth it.