Hype: Swedish Hasbeens' Clogs

Hype: Swedish Hasbeens' Clogs

If you know me, you know I have an obsession with clogs and the 70s look as a whole, so when I was introduced to Swedish Hasbeens a couple years ago I have been in love ever since.

419
Hype: Swedish Hasbeens' Clogs
Swedish Hasbeens

If you know me, you know I have an obsession with clogs and the 70s look as a whole, so when I was introduced to Swedish Hasbeens a couple years ago I have been in love ever since. The brand Swedish Hasbeens is based out of the lovely country Sweden and designed after 300 pairs of '70s clogs were found in an abandoned clog factory by the owner, Emily Blixt.

A revival of clogs is a huge recent trend, and one that I suspect will last. With celebrities such as Sarah Jessica Parker and Maggie Gyllenhaal donning Swedish Hasbeen clogs, the brand is gaining popularity. "Hasbeens now has an international cult following, having been worn around the world by young and old" Patrix Blixt of Swedish Hasbeens says. The crossover between retro and modern styles of clogs attracts all sorts of individuals and their unique fashion.

Beyond just the pure beauty of Swedish Hasbeens, they are ecofriendly and handmade with care by people who respect the traditional Swedish creation of clogs. Blixt says "The Hasbeens toffels, bags and belts are based on original models from the past and are made of super quality vegetable tanned natural grain leather since it just becomes insanely beautiful when aged. Our production methods and material are kind to nature and people." Swedish Hasbeens are created in the "old traditional way, and in small factories that have made shoes for decades.", the website states. It's important to support companies that stick to their roots and are environmentally conscious while creating high quality goods. As said by Hasbeens Patrix Blixt, "The Hasbeens stuff have real soul, which comes from our history and the traditional and sustainable methods still used to make them."

Swedish Hasbeens can be found on many popular websites along with their website; www.SwedishHasbeens.com.