Sweatpants And Messy Hair, Don't Care

Sweatpants And Messy Hair, Don't Care, You Shouldn't, Either

As long as I'm comfortable with what I'm wearing, I'm not going to change my outfit even if other people don't like it.

258
Shopping

Picking an outfit takes me about five minutes in the morning because I wear basically the same thing every day. It only takes me as long as five minutes to make sure my sweatpants match the color of my t-shirt, otherwise, it would take me a minute at most. My closet consists of mostly sweatpants, leggings, shorts, t-shirts, and oversized hoodies, with a couple of dresses and blouses thrown in there for rare occasions. Call me crazy, but I love dressing comfortably and I definitely don't dress myself in the morning with the intention of impressing other people.

Sure, I love to dress up and apply a full face of makeup occasionally, but on an everyday basis, I just can't get myself to do so. Some may call me lazy, but I see a multitude of benefits to my style choices.

As a college student, I only have time to throw on an outfit and walk out barefaced in the mornings. On a day when I bother to pick out a "fashion forward" outfit and put on makeup, it takes me upwards of two hours. I have a surplus of other things that are more important to devote my time to such as studying, socializing, or getting a decent amount of sleep. Without having to look picture perfect in the mornings, I can sleep in and feel my best throughout the day.

If there's one thing I HATE, it's tight clothing. On many girls, it looks great and they can feel confident walking around in a tube or crop top, but for me, I'd be pulling at it all day to stretch it out and wondering if people think I look fat. In a big t-shirt or sweatshirt, I never have to worry about that. I feel self-assured because I'm aware that people aren't paying attention to my body's shape or size.

Dressing the way I do also saves me a ton of money. I've acquired drawers full of t-shirts over the years from concerts or high school events that many people let go to no use, but I use them as a part of my wardrobe so I don't have to drop money on new tops. I also feel that when it comes to sweatpants and sweatshirts, people don't pay attention to the brand or store the way they do with sweaters or jeans, so I can proudly wear my cheapest sweats all day. In addition, the classic sweatpants or leggings go with pretty much any top, so I don't always have to go out to purchase new bottoms when I buy another shirt.

Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror at 9 AM with a messy bun in my hair and clothes that could pass as pajamas on my body and actually smile because I feel like I look pretty. THE LAZY LOOK CAN BE CUTE, LADIES! It displays that I don't care what other people think about my fashion choices and that I have my own unique fashion sense.

Not to mention, many guys love seeing girls in their "natural state" looking like they just got out of bed because they're not trying to hide under fancy clothes or makeup.

I also feel like the way I dress on a daily basis adds a wow factor when I dress up for special events. Believe it or not, I used to try my best on a daily basis in terms of my outfit and makeup, but I realized that I never felt extra beautiful when I had to get made up for a special occasion. Now, when I walk in the room of a party or dinner, I feel as though there's an extra wow factor because people aren't used to seeing me like that every day.

The thing I love most about dressing the way I do is that I feel comfortable all day long. I don't feel constrained because of the clothes I'm wearing which allows me to participate in many activities. Whether it's sitting in class or doing something more active, I feel cozy which puts me in a more pleasant mood.

I'm not sure when it became frowned upon for a girl to wear the clothing she wants even if it's basic sweatpants and a t-shirt, but I've learned that as long as I feel confident and comfortable in an outfit, it's not worth changing.