Survivor: Game Changers Episode 11 Recap

An Alliance Implodes This Week

17
Parade.com

What. Just. Happened? That tribal council was absolutely insane. How did Cirie talk herself out of that one? Why did Tai not play an Idol? These are the questions I am as now. To really break it down we must go back to the beginning of this Two Tribal Council episode to really place where everyone was at.

At the beginning of the night, it looked like Officer Sarah could be the one in trouble at some point in the night. Andrea noticed that Sarah looked shocked that Sierra was voted out when it was very clear Sarah voted for her. She gives this information to Cirie and Aubry and says that she would like Sarah to go next. Cirie doesn't want to happen though. She is very aware that Sarah is screwing over a lot of people on the jury and that she might be the perfect person to take to the end. Sarah is aware that Andrea is playing great as well and she has her crosshairs on Andrea. I have really enjoyed these post-tribal huddles that this girls alliance has been doing. This is where we really see Cirie work and tell people who they need to be careful of and what the next move will be. This girls alliance is imploding and the guys just keep skating by.

When Aubry wins Immunity, the initial plan is to vote out Brad. He is a physical threat and he hasn't played a bad strategic game. His whole alliance is pretty much on the jury as well. In fact the plan looks to be so solid that Michaela actually has the nerve to tell him to go fishing. Brad isn't having none of that though. While that is going on, Andrea is pushing hard to get Sarah out. Cirie and Aubry aren't really wanting to do that. I think they both realize that Sarah could be an easy win. Cirie, the puppet master that she is, decides that it is time for Andrea to go and that is exactly what happened. Aubry and Andrea were the only ones that voted for Brad.

This to me was a curious move. By voting out one of their own, they basically run the risk of going in the minority. This vote could've caused Aubry to go with the guys and that would give them a 4-3 advantage. Aubry is clearly left out of the loop here for reasons that haven't been shown. Aubry was a big pre-game threat and she really has thrown under the radar. In fact, she is sort of playing like Michele and taking on that backseat driver role. I don't think this has been the best strategy for Aubry, but it could work depending on who she sits next to. As far as Andrea goes, I think there is no doubt that this has been her best season she has been on. She controlled a lot of votes and was very fun to watch. It would've been great to get her in the Finale, but never fear we still have a lot of great players left!

In the next post-tribal huddle, we see Cirie, Sarah, and Michaela talking and Cirie spots Tai comforting Aubry because she feels like she just can't get anything going this season. Cirie sees this as a pair forming and something to not take lightly. We get to the Immunity Challenge and I won't lie to you, even though I am a huge fan of this girls alliance, I was rooting for one of the guys to win to potentially set up a scenario where Troyzan and Tai played their idols and all three of them were safe. Part of my wish came true when Brad won Immunity, but it didn't really have the same effect.

Tai and Aubry are seen talking about how Tai feels like he needs to make a big move to really solidify himself as a real contender. The name they come up with is Sarah. However, Aubry really doesn't trust Tai and sees him as her next target. Can you really blame Aubry? She witnessed Tai flip flop back and forth in Kaoh Rong and that has to trouble her. She runs and tells Cirie that Tai is targeting and Cirie informs Sarah. Sarah isn't buying it however. She doesn't trust Aubry for some reason and she rather believe Tai. Sarah decides to give Cirie her vote steal advantage to build some trust with Cirie in case Cirie was entertaining the thought of voting for her. Let's not forget, at this point she thinks that Aubry is really the one coming after her. Cirie has an idea though. She wants to play the advantage that Sarah gave her to cancel Sarah's vote. Sarah would then see that the guys voted for her and she was the only one that voted for Aubry. Cirie, Aubry, and Michaela would have 4 votes for one of the guys. She wants to convince Tai that she wants to save him so he doesn't play an Idol after she plays the advantage. Cirie really pours it on here to with the tears. Tai is reluctant as he should be and no one really knows what is going to happen at Tribal.

Right before the vote, Cirie tries to play the advantage, but is shut down because it is against the rules to transfer the advantage to someone. Sarah gets the advantage back and gets up to talk to Tai. All hell breaks lose and now everyone is getting up. In some way, Michaela was the casualty and I still can only speculate why.

Cirie voted for Aubry, Aubry and Michaela voted for Tai, Brad, Troyzan, and Sarah, who used her advantage voted for Michaela. So here is what I think the thinking was behind this. Cirie talked herself out of this one in some way. Sarah recognizes that she wants a stronger player on her side right now and knows that Michaela and Cirie are tight. By taking out Michaela, she can now put Cirie in position that she doesn't have a lot of options because she knows that Aubry is pretty much a dead girl walking at this point. This keeps Cirie on her side for one more vote and then she can burn her after that. I think Cirie, knowing that she messed up and realizing that she could have easily been the one to go to night, told Sarah that she would do anything she wanted her to. Sarah told Cirie to vote Aubry and that is what she did. She stole Tai's vote as well so it's possible to that she ended up believing Cirie and still wanted to give Cirie a punishment for trying to play her advantage. I am suprised the guys didn't vote for Cirie and really try to swing that to their side. Also, Tai not playing his Idol was pretty nuts. I couldn't tell you what was going to happen next because we still have three idols in game and a legacy advantage.

My brain is still sort of running in circles about this whole thing, but I think the MVP award tonight goes to Sarah. She correctly got on the same page to get her target Andrea out and she also orchestrated in crunch time getting Michaela out. It was really smart for her to play her advantage tonight to because that would have been a target on her back moving forward. Who knows what the guys are thinking, but I am pretty confident that Aubry wants Tai gone and Sarah wants Aubry gone. After tonight though, Cirie could have a bigger target on her back. The guys really are going to be in some power positions I think this week. In the course of the night, this women's alliance imploded. Will it continue to implode?