Surviving The Final Weeks of The School Year

It is that time of year where we are so close to summer but yet so far.

13
Google Images

"The two most joyous times of the year are Christmas morning and end of the school"-Alice Cooper

For many college students right now, there are only a few weeks left of school, but it either feels like a lifetime away or going by so fast. It is a difficult time at the moment, trying to balance the never ending pile of school work that keeps getting more work added to it each day and having an actual life. It is stressful because you complete one assignment, but you still have twenty others to complete before next week. Also worrying about that class that you are not sure you will pass or not. You are getting sleep deprived because you're staying late doing school work and the only thing that is keeping you going is caffeine. This time of year is like a never ending roller coaster with no way to get off of it. If you are anything like me, you are counting down the days until it is summer. It's one of the few times of the year when you do not have to deal with the stress of school. The weather is nicer and you get to spend time with your family and friends. If only it could get sooner and stress of school would be done.

"School may be hard, annoying, and irritating. But admit it, you're going to miss it when it ends"-Unknown

It is hard for me to believe how fast my freshman year has gone by. It feels like it was just yesterday I was packing up my room and saying goodbye to everyone and flying down here for school. I have made wonderful memories this year but also spend many times staying up way too late just doing homework. I have complained and wished these classes will be over already but now I want them to continue on. I want to stay where I feel comfortable because I know the professors well enough and my classmates. It feels safe and I love staying in my little safe bubble but that is not possible in college. In little less than two weeks, I will begin to pack my first home away from home aka my dorm room and close that door one last time. It will always hold a special place in my heart because it became the first thing I could really calm my own. I have spent hours in this room staring at the same walls and complaining about how small it is but I will miss this room more than I can put into actual words. I will have to say see you in the fall to my close group of friends soon. They have been my family here at school and been by my side for every good and bad moment of my freshman year of college. Some of them are going to be studying abroad in the fall so it will be a longer time until we see each other again. I am ready for the workload to be over for the summer but I do not want to be a sophomore at the same time because it means the future is coming closer. I just have to keep remembering that college is a time to discover who you truly are and learn about your major plus subjects that colleges makes you take as well.