How To Survive Summer Without Your College Friends

Getting through summer one day at a time without being with your college friends.

91

Going to college I always knew that I was going to meet some amazing people. I never thought I would meet quite as many amazing people as I did. Making new friends is completely apart of the whole college experience. These friends you meet may stay with you your whole college experience or they may fade, but no matter what happens you know they came into your life for a reason.

Leaving each other for the summer is very hard because it is difficult knowing that you cannot just walk across the hall or up the stairs to see your friends anymore. The problem is having to plan a day/night where you all aren’t busy working or being with your hometown friends. Planning for this may become an issue because you are not just in high school anymore and you may all having to find a job for the summer to pay for expenses during the year or to give you experience for your future job.

Knowing that your friends helped you through all the late night study sessions, trying to help you pass a class (you know who you all are), and making sure that your homework is done before 1 AM, are the ones you know you have to keep those friends around because they already know way too much and you can not leave them now.

If you are finding something that is missing throughout your day, it is most likely is the fact that you aren't being bombarded with a billion text messages or snapchats coming through daily. This can all be fixed very easily with a group chat J, yes you may have to put that on do not disturb throughout your day so you can actually accomplish something, but you will most likely be thankful for it in the end.

You may be finding yourself referring to something that you and your friends have talked about for hours and next thing you know you are trying to explain it your friends back home and then they give you this look of "What the heck are talking about you freak?" Do not worry, stay calm and text all of your friends of what has happened and they will most likely understand what you are going through because chances are it has already happened to them.

A few ways to stay connected over the summer would be trying to schedule a weekly skype date with everyone. It gets you all involved and you will be able to see each other besides all of the snapchats you receive. It also gets you caught up on all of the gossip and drama you haven’t heard yet.

We all know that before you leave for the summer you are planning dates that will hopefully work for all of you to get together. Try and actually make those dates go through, I promise that when you all get together and will be well worth it in the end. Make the time you get together completely worth while by actually doing all that you have planned to do. When you meet up with your college friends over the summer and you start making plans for when you are all back at school is just another great thing to look forward too. If your plans fall through and you do not get to actually meet up with everyone, be calm it will not be the end of the world. It will just make your time together at school at much more fun and definitely more laughs to come.