How To Survive Living Next To A Frat House

The tune of Come on Eileen will forever be in your head

1394
Unsplash

We’ve all been there. The gross frat basements, the elevated surfaces, the tailgates and so on. It’s all fun and games, but only when you get to choose when you live through those wild experiences. This year, I have learned to experience a whole new world. A world where I get to live next to a fraternity house. I truly believe that my time in my new home has been amazing, though I have learned the proper steps it takes to withstand the life of wild fraternity brothers as neighbors. Here are the three main tips on how to survive living next to a frat house:

1. Keep your windows closed and your fans blasting

By all means, block as much noise as you can. It doesn’t matter what day of the week it is or what time of the night it is, chances are high that there will be music blasting out of a frat house’s backyard. Don’t get me wrong, your girl loves Wonderwall and Come on Eileen, but sleep is also a vital part of my life.

2. Accept that you will not get any sleep on Saturday mornings during football season

Now, you SHOULD be awake bright and early on game days. However, sometimes that isn’t always a part of the plan, or there is a later game. Your schedule may consist of a little morning snooze, but I promise fraternities don’t have the same game plan. To be quite honest, being woken up on game days to the sound of a tailgate being thrown next door is one of the best ways to wake up! It gets you so pumped to watch your team kick butt!

3. Make friends with them

A majority of the time, the guys living in fraternity houses are very chill people! Invite them over for a barbeque, go to their open parties and always say hi when you walk by them! The better you get to know them, the more likely they are to be respectful neighbors.

These are only a few of many tips. The reality is that if you are a good neighbor to them, they will be a good neighbor to you. You signed up to live next to them which means that you signed up for the loud late night parties. It becomes a part of your bedtime routine, really. Wash your face, brush your teeth, put on pajamas, shout the words to Sweet Caroline and shut the lights off!

From Your Site Articles