College Survival Guide To Spring Semester

5 tips to get you through the rest of the year.

49

As much as we do or don't want it to be here, spring semester is quickly approaching. We are slowly but surely moving back into our dorms and mentally preparing ourselves for the weeks to come. But don't fret, for this is your college spring semester survival guide.

Some of you may already do these things, but for the newbies or the lost souls who still are without a clue lets go over some dos and don'ts.

1. Study

You may want to wait until the night before, but that is only going to add on frustration and will not help you what so ever. You may be a main procrastinator, but just do it!

2. Go easy on the plus dollars.

Now all of us at one point have learned this at some point. They run out fast! Make sure you only use them when you need them. And at the end of the semester if you still have $100 in plus dollars, you can go grocery shopping at the snack store. Don't end up poor again with only 12 meals a week.

3. Don't buy books until your professor confirms.

So I know how fall semester went. You got your books early and you were ready to go. But let's be real. How many of those books did you actually use? Wait until your professor tells you if you actually need it on your first day. Shoot them an email before class starts if that's the way you roll. Just be sure before you buy a $120 book and you can only get $15 back for it! The book stores are cruel.

4. Don't skip class the first two weeks.

Even though it's college were talking about, we still have an attendance policy. And after the first week we are tired and over it already. However, we only have about five days to miss, and sometimes we really are sick or need a rest day. So, use them wisely and consider if you're really sick enough to stay in.

5. Read the syllabus!

If you don't listen to any other one, please listen to this carefully! Your professor does not go over everything on syllabus day, and you NEED to know what it says. This is a life or death situation for your grades. If it says your English professor wants 5 pages, it better leak onto a 6th. Lead between the lines people.

I hope these five tips help you somewhat survive spring semester. I believe in you guys.