Finals Week Survival Guide

Finals Week Survival Guide

The end is near.

9
Finals Week Survival Guide
Wordpress

Well, my friends, it has arrived. A week consisted of double fisting caffeinated drinks and sleep deprivation. Finals week. During finals week, each student has similar goals: to do well on exams and keep the stress to a minimum. Here are some techniques some college students have suggested to help you survive:

1. Exercise.

Exercise can relieve stress and boost energy; it releases endorphins and helps you focus. Take study breaks and do 15-20 minutes of physical activity. Shoot some hoops, walk your dog, do some yoga.

2. Make lists.

Plan out your days and make lists of tasks needed to get finished and tasks to finish each day, and only do what you planned and wrote on your list for that day. You won't get overwhelmed with everything at once and crossing things off when you complete them makes you feel great.

3. Eat nutritious meals and snacks.

Keeping your metabolism up during this time were cramming to study is a normality is important. Eating protein-filled snacks and eating meals with some green in it will help you have an open mind and not feel sluggish.

4. Study in groups.

With the right group of people, you could learn more about the topic than you could by yourself. Different perspectives and talking material through out loud can help get the information to stick more successfully. Although, you should definitely choose your study group wisely so you actually accomplish something when you're together.

5. Stay hydrated.

Your brain works best when it's hydrated. Dehydration causes fatigue and headaches, which is not a thing you want to have when you are trying to get information to stick!

6. Take breaks

Take breaks so you don't wear yourself out. Studying non-stop sucks and can hurt more than it can help at times. Take short breaks here and there to take your mind off the study material for a while. Also, study before you sleep, its best to help absorb the information.

7. Reward yourself.

Give yourself a motive to keep going! Whether it be going out with friends after a study-sesh or treating yourself to a manicure after your final, it's always good to have something to look forward to after putting in hard work!

8. Don't procrastinate.

OK, so I know this one is tough, I am the queen of procrastination at times, but waiting until the last possible minute (literally) to finish an assignment can really raise the stress level. Do your best to plan your to-do list so you aren't overwhelmed with too many things at one time.

9. Catch some zzz's

What is sleep during finals week? This is probably one of the hardest things to get enough of during finals. If you feel like you're going to pull an all-nighter, make sure you make up for it the next night or take little naps in-between studying during the day.

10. Breathe.

You're going to make it through. It may not seem like it, and the week may feel like an eternity, but I promise freedom is near. During moments when you feel your stress level is climbing to a new high, take a deep breath for four counts, hold it for four counts and exhale for four counts. Try this a few times. You may be shocked at how much better you feel.

The end is near my friends. So, happy finals week, and may the odds be ever in your favor.