Getting A Surprise Is Always Fun

10 Things I Really Want My Mom To Send Me From Home But Won't Ask For Because I Want It To Be A Surprise

Surprises in the mail are some of my favorite things!

39

I may attend school only thirty minutes away from home, but that doesn't mean I don't love receiving presents in the mail from my family. I love getting little gifts, knowing someone in my family saw something in the store and thought of me. I've asked my mom to send me care packages so many times, but she has always told me she can just give it to me when I come home on a weekend. I definitely appreciate and love that she buys me things while I'm away, but I also love that rush of excitement that comes with receiving a package in the mail, especially if it's a surprise. Here are just a few ideas of what my mom can send me in the mail, but I definitely don't want her to know about this because that would ruin the surprise.

1. Movies

With my busy schedule of classes and other activities on campus, sometimes I find myself in need of a movie night with my friends. However, sometimes what Netflix has to offer just doesn't cut it for me. If my mom sent me new movies in the mail, I'd be able to have the most fun movie nights ever! Disney movies, comedies, and cheesy rom-coms are especially encouraged.

2. Candy

Since we live in Arizona, it's kind of hard to send chocolate without it melting. However, I will never say no to any kind of sweets!! I always want a sweet snack to enjoy throughout the day. I love having candy in my dorm to snack on every so often, it always makes my day a little sweeter (no pun intended). It's also a great way for my roommate and I to share snacks!

3. Pictures 

My family and I travel a lot, and we always take a ton of pictures everywhere we go. I love to have these memories in my room so that I can look at them and smile whenever I want to remember happy times. I also love to hang other pictures of family and my friends. I love to have little memories from home with me. Pictures from adventures and good times make me incredibly happy, and I want my dorm to be full of happiness.

4. Books

I will read literally any book that someone gives me! I will gladly accept devotional books, songbooks, photography books, good old fiction, honestly anything. I want to have an escape every so often for when real life gets too stressful, and books are the perfect way for me to escape. I can lose myself for hours and then resume my normal life feeling relaxed and refreshed. There's no better feeling.

5. Christmas decorations

Christmas is my favorite time of year, so I love to decorate my dorm to the max. I want to feel the Christmas spirit all around me in my "home away from home". I love to have little reminders of the season around me so that it can remind me to be joyful amidst the stress of finals.

6. New clothes

I LOVE getting new clothes!! In my humble opinion, you can never have too many new clothes. Nothing makes me happier knowing I have something new and pretty to wear. I love walking around campus with a new outfit on. It makes me feel so pretty!

7. Lip gloss

I adore lip gloss. I have so many colors, and yet I always seem to discover new colors that match me perfectly. I can't stop buying lip gloss, so I would definitely love to get some as a gift in the mail. Even better, my mom knows which colors look great with my skin tone, so I always know I'm going to get the perfect shade.

8. Keurig cups

I may not be a coffee fiend, but I do love some hot chocolate, especially in the winter. One of my favorite things to do is to curl up in a blanket and watch Netflix while drinking hot chocolate. I can't get any Keurig cups on campus, but my mom has ordered K-cups for me on Amazon before, so I know she would definitely be willing to send some to me again.

9.Yoga pants

Yes, this type of clothing gets its own category because I am simply CRAZY about yoga pants. They're so comfortable and so easy to work out in. Plus, I can go to class wearing casual clothes but still look nice. I can dress them up or down, which is great when I don't feel like putting a whole lot of pressure into an outfit.

10. Money

Every college student wants money, and I'm definitely no exception. It's not that I don't spend a lot of money, but it's always nice to have some around, especially since I always feel the urge to buy something new, and I go to dinner and the movies with friends a lot. I would never have to worry about running out of money to do fun things.

Any of these would be such a pleasant surprise in the mail! I'm dropping hints to my mom as much as I can because I would love to get a little present in the mail every now and then. It's one of the quickest ways to brighten my day.