8 Reasons Why I Miss Sunday Dinners at Nana And Papa’s...Especially During Quarantine

My nana and papa mean the world to me and seeing them every Sunday makes me love them even more!

585
Sidney Ambrogio

Everyone has something to look forward to on the weekends. For some, that might be not having to work or going to the beach. For me, for the past 19 years, it has been going to see my Nana and Papa for Sunday Dinner.

1. Nana always decorates her house to the nines!

My Nana always asks me if I see a change in her decor or if something is new. She always is up to something new in the house, and I always love coming in and seeing how lovely the house looks.

2. Nana always has our favorite snacks!

Although Papa might not like the fact that my sister and I steal his favorite snacks, Nana always has her pantry stocked up for us when we visit. Whether it is Papa's gluten-free crackers or our favorite cookies, her pantry is stocked.

3. My Papa always knows how to put a smile on my face!

Whether it be joking about how I eat all his gluten free crackers or telling me a funny joke, he always makes me laugh.

4. Nana makes the best dinners, hands down!

My Nana always plans a fabulous dinner that all four of her six grandchildren and her great-grandchild will enjoy. And if she cooks something that the little ones do not particularly enjoy, she makes them something separately to make sure they eat.

5. We always catch up on "Grey's Anatomy."

My Nana and Papa got me to fall in love with show. Therefore, every Sunday we get together before he starts talking "Game of Thrones" to discuss the latest episode. If our family let us, we could talk for hours.

6. My Papa is the handiest person I know.

My Papa is always showing us his newest creation. From making my sister a trophy shelf to put her medals and trophies from cheer on to fixing my outlet when I almost set my house on fire, he knows it all. Recently, I asked him to make a window sill flower bed. I'm so excited to see how it comes out!

7. Their house has the coziest atmosphere.

As soon as you enter their house, you immediately feel at home. My Nana always has each room the right temperature and is always making sure everyone is comfy. I always manage to fall asleep somewhere and end up with a blanket on me.

8. They show unconditional love.

My Nana and Papa, no matter how misbehaved you are lately, will love us unconditionally. They make us feel welcome no matter what, and I love them so much for that.