The Stages Of Sunburn

For most, summer is a time of fun and relaxation. For others, it could be a sort of hell. I'm a part of the second category. I enjoy the warm weather and not having to worry about class for three months, but the sun is not my friend. Like at all. It doesn't matter if I'm in the sun for 5 minutes or 5 hours. At the end of the day, I end up looking like a tomato. Sunburn has stages and they are as follows...

1. Unaware.

You're out and about having fun and you aren't even thinking about getting sunburnt.

2. Denial.

You're starting to get red but you think you'll be okay so you don't put sunscreen on.

3. Concern.

You realize that you're REALLY red and put sunscreen on "just in case".

4. Regret.

You get home, get in the shower, turn on the hot water, and instantly become naked and afraid and realize that you should have put sunscreen on sooner.

5. Pain.

You've applied seven layers of aloe and you're still radiating heat like a space heater and can't move.

6. Anger.

You yell and cuss at yourself because you're dumb and decided against sunscreen use, so now you're forced to bear through it. The struggle.

7. Disgust.

Fast forward a few days, you're peeling and look like you have some kind of serious skin disease, no matter how much lotion you liberally apply.

8. Planning.

You decide that you're never going to let this happen to yourself again and you're going to actually use the sunscreen you spent money on next time.

Then the vicious cycle starts all over again the next time you decide to be outside in the heat. So be safe out there my fellow pale friends and don't forget your sunscreen.