Summertime Gladness

Summertime Gladness

My summer has had it's ups and downs, but I never want it to end.

14
Summertime Gladness
Brooklyn Morgan

July 8th, 2017.

It's been almost two months since I got home for the summer. It's been one of my best summers ever. I have reconnected with so many friends and grown stronger with those who stand by me. It's weird to think that 2017 is already halfway over, and so is my summer.

Of course, this summer hasn't been completely perfect. I've lost a couple of friends who I used to consider my best friends. However, it's taught me a valuable lesson. It's shown me that not everyone will be around forever, and you have to cherish the time you are given with someone.

I also had one of my best friends hospitalized this past month. She went in for bronchitis and ended up being diagnosed with pneumonia. There was standing liquid in her lungs, and it had to be drained. Luckily, she is out and okay; but it was a tough time for her.

Of course, there have been some good and big things that have happened so far this summer. I got a boyfriend! I honestly could not be any happier with him, and I hope with all of my heart to keep making amazing memories with him. I also got a tattoo, making my count 4. It's one of my favorite tattoos, and I could not have asked for a better artist to do it.

Lastly, I made my first real "adult" purchase. I bought my first car! It's a 1996 Ford Mustang. Sure, it's not the best car, but it makes me proud to think i saved up the money and was able to afford my own car.

I can not wait to see what else this summer has in store. It's been a a roller coaster so far; and I don't want this ride to end.