5 Ideas For Summertime

5 Ideas For Summertime

Take the summer break and have fun!

2
5 Ideas For Summertime
Catherine Linnihan

The weather is starting to get hot outside and it is the month of May. Schools will be letting out soon. You know what that means! It is summertime! While summer is fastly approaching, you may be wondering what you might do while having a break of school for a couple of months! I have some suggestions for you that might be helpful!

1. Go Shopping!

Who does not like shopping? Go to a mall or to a store that you have been wanting to go to for a while and enjoy it while you have the time! Whether you have the money or not to shop, it is still fun to window shop , so you can items to your wish list!

2. Take a vacation!

Why would you not take a vacation unless you did not have the money! Most people go to the beach as their vacation for the summer. You could also go to the beach, Gatlinburg, Tn., Walt Disney World, Chattanooga, Tn.,and other popular/major cities in the United States! People sometimes travels overseas to see how other countries are like. Whatever vacation you decide to go on, I bet it will be a good vacation!

3. Go to camp!

If you are in elementary, middle school, or high school, find a local church or organization and go with them to a local camp! Some people goes to camps where you have a community bathroom and different cabins and some others goes to camps where amenities like a hotel or at least to where the cabin/facility has a bathroom located in it. Camp is always fun and enjoyable! I always enjoyed it when I was a camper every summer! Usually when you go to camp, you have recreation every day, devotions and worship services if you go on a church camp and various other things that all depends on what type of camp you go on! Some other camps could be associated with school, like sports camps or band camps to get you prepared and focused for the season! They are usually for most of the day for a week, if not longer. Camp was always a highlight to my summer!

4. Get a job!

Everyone could have some extra money in their wallets to either spend or save for later! You could work at a fast food restaurant, clothing store, or retail store or even at a camp! Try to find a place that you think you would enjoy working for a short amount of time or take a chance and pick a place you like and see if you get the job there!

5. Spend time with family and friends!

Most importantly, take time to be with family and friends while you are not in school or while taking a break from work! Especially spend time with friends or family members that you have not seen in a while! It is always great to see familiar faces while you are taking a break from school! Hang out with some of your best friends and not have to worry about school!