Summertime As Told By Michael Scott

Summertime As Told By Michael Scott

"I had a great summer. I got West Nile virus, lost a ton of weight." - Michael Scott, The Office

223
Summertime As Told By Michael Scott

Summer vacation is the time of the year every student daydreams about from August until May. It’s the time when the weather is warm, clothing is (mainly) optional, and school is just a distant memory. Put simply, summer vacation is the MOST EXCITING time of the year. So, who better to describe how the start of summer vacation feels than the most exciting character in television existence: Mr. Michael Scott of Dundler Mifflin.

1. The feeling of realizing your summer vacation has officially started.

2. And that means no school for three whole months.

3. You no longer have to set an alarm to wake yourself up at the buttcrack of dawn each morning.

4. The sun is always out to turn your pastiness into a beautifully sun-kissed complexion.

5. The temperatures climb so high you forget that five months ago it was cold enough to induce tears in your eyes as you walked across campus to class.

6. It's appropriate to spend your whole day on a boat.

7. You can eat ice cream all day, everyday.

8. Time to finally relax.

9. It's officially camping season.

10. Driving with the top down.

11. Getting in shape for that summer body.

12. Showing off your summer bod at the beach, lake, or pool.

13. Summer traveling since it's practically impossible to travel during the school year.

14. Getting to see your hometown friends and family.

15. When wedding season hits you hard.

16. But wedding dances are always a good time.

17. When you move back home and have to live under your parents' roof and rules once again.

18. When the 4th of July rolls around and fireworks are in your future.

19. When people think it's acceptable to ask you when you start school again.

20. When summer is finally coming to an end.

As you can see, Michael Scott truly understands what summer vacation is like for the typical student. There are certainly ups and downs to the summertime season. The next three months certainly seem to go by faster than most would like, so soak up every second of it. Happy summer!