5 Summertime Adventures To Fight Off Boredom

I'm just going to say it. Summer can be mind-numbingly boring.

31
https://pixabay.com/photos/landscape-summer-sunrise-lighting-1192669/

I'm just going to say it. Although summer can be blissful, amazing, and wonderful, it also can be something else, especially for college students: mind-numbingly boring. Yes, we keep occupied with jobs, internships, or volunteering opportunities. But what does one do before these things start, or after they end? What about summer nights, weekends, and holidays? How do we keep ourselves entertained without the strange allure of a frat house basement or the drama Brad from Sigma Chi keeps you enthralled in? Read on for some ideas to battle your boredom this summer in the most satisfying ways possible.

1. Do a sunrise hike

There's no denying that sleeping in, with no place to be and no schedule to attend to, is amongst the best feelings in life. But, what will you remember more in 10 years: one lazy summer morning in bed, or a beautiful hike to the top of your favorite mountain or hill to watch the sun say good morning to the world? The morning temperature will be perfectly warm, the lighting perfectly dusky, and the trees wet with dew drops. I promise it will be a picturesque experience, and well worth the irritating alarm at 5 AM.

2. Get lawn tickets for a summer concert

Nothing screams summer like lawn tickets for your favorite band, with the sunsetting behind the stage and a lowkey crowd buzzing along to the music. Tickets generally aren't going to break the bank for this experience, but at the end of the night an experience like this is priceless.

3. Day trip to someplace new 

We all have our favorite beaches, ponds, and summer destinations. By all means, we should frequent these places during the summer, while we can. However, that does not mean that trying something new should be off the table. Some of the best summer adventures one can have is in a totally new place, surrounded by someone else's favorite summertime locations. Get in the car, google something like "ice cream shop" or "beach," pick a random one out an hour away, and go. Maybe it will suck, or maybe it will be the greatest experience you have all summer. Either way, you won't forget or regret this summer experience.

4. Visit your college friends

The most epic real-life crossover events have to be when college friends meet home friends, or when college friends visit each other in their hometown. This summer, take a weekend and visit your best friends from school. See how they lived their life before you, meet their friends, and have a good time. This type of adventure is bound to be a great time for you, and them. Plus, seeing where someone comes from is always a nice way to strengthen a friendship.

5. Visit your city 

Cities in the summertime can be fairly unenjoyable, with the heat, smells, and haze that high temperatures bring. However, if you know where to go, such as a wharf or a park, cities can be quite beautiful in the summer. Take some time to research nice spots in your city, pick a day, and drive in. You don't have to have any certain location or destination. Just drive in with a loose idea and see where the day takes you.