Dancing With The Heat: Summer '16

Dancing With The Heat: Summer '16

This summer, the heat is your friend.

3
Dancing With The Heat: Summer '16
Johnny Quiroz

The heat, hate it or love it, welcomes Fresno every year with open arms. We cannot run from it, cannot hide, nor can we fast forward the long, hot, sweaty summer, so what do you do? You celebrate the heat in all it’s glory at Summer Sweat.

This is a time to bring your empty stomach, bring out the best pair of dancing shoes you own, and ears open to the artists and bands that will be performing live. The hottest event of the summer is not to be missed. Summer Sweat is three to four events that run from June through October. Started in 2015 by Love the Captive, Summer Sweat features various artists and bands, food trucks, and vendors. Johnny Quiroz of Love the Captive describes Summer Sweat, in a zany way, he describes it as "a chance for us Fresnans to celebrate Fresno and it’s heat.” If you’re from Fresno, the heat is no stranger. Fresno’s summer temperatures can be as high as 108 degrees. To some, that may be unsettling, but Love the Captive brings something different to Fresno’s very hot summer. They throw multiple long summer parties in the Central Valley celebrating the heat.

Love the Captive is no secret to the Central Valley, founded in 2005, Love the Captive (aka Johnny Quiroz) has booked artists such as, The Growlers, Smoosh, Mayer Hawthorne, Skating Polly, Future Islands, Smoke Season, Saint Motel, Little Dragon, and many more. Love the Captive has brought, and, still continues to bring great musicians to Fresno. Summer Sweat is an even bigger and better experience of what Love the Captive continues to bring to the Central Valley. This year, Catacomb Party and Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Company join in on the hottest all-ages party of the summer at just a $10 cover fee for each event. The event started June 25 and featured, just to name a few, Smoke Season, Judah, Sharks of Dance, CHYNA, and Wee Beasties. In case you missed Volume I, there is still time to catch Volume II of the event on July 30 which will feature, drum-roll please...a water-slide.

Volume II of Summer Sweat will be held at Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Company located in Downtown Fresno. To add more excitement, Tioga-Sequoia has award winning Brewmaster, Kevin Cox (Tioga-Sequoia). So, not only are you gaining a music, food, and shopping experience, those who are 21+, will have the opportunity to drink local craft beer from Tioga-Sequoia.

The event starts at 1:00 pm and ends at midnight, that is 11 hours of pure magic to your ears. Summer Sweat brings artists and bands from Fresno, Oakland, Palm Desert, Detroit, Las Vegas, and many more. The day will start with Fresno’s 1800’s and end the night with headliners Black Milk and Fierce Creatures, a local band who started it all with I Mostri Feroci. Fresno's summer should no longer be a season that is dread upon. Instead, it is a reason to go out and enjoy music, eat great food, drink local beer, shop, and meet new people. End your summer right, attend Summer Sweat. For more details, please visit, www.Summersweat.party

Design @ghostmanpish

Summer Sweat Volume II July 30, 2016

Place: Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Company, Fresno, Ca

Displaying summersweatvol2_3.jpgTime: 1:00pm to midnight

Price: $10, all ages

Tickets: https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1218059-summer-swe...

Summer Sweat Volume III August 27, 2016

Place: The Wakehouse, Reedley, Ca

More Details TBA

Thank you To Johnny Quiroz of Love the Captive.