Make Sure You Enjoy Your Summer

Make Sure You Enjoy Your Summer

Some summers are just starting!

4
Make Sure You Enjoy Your Summer
Visit Scotland

Students far and wide just hit the middle of their summer break. They have been out now for a little over a month and before they know it school will be creepy back up on them. As I sat across from my friend yesterday, she started to complain about how school was coming up so fast. I rolled my eyes because I couldn't help but laugh at that comment. Summer was almost over. Then it hit me that while they had been living their life so far, my quarter had just ended. I repeat my quarter just ended.

When I say my quarter had just ended I meant it only finished up on Friday, June 17. It is kind of crazy for me to really grasp that concept. My summer, compared to most, is only beginning. Yes, I had multiple years of prep, but for myself, this was a very real feeling for me to wrap my head around. As a student who went to one of the only quarter universities around, I will never know what it is like to start school before the amber colors fill my campus. I will never know what it is like to embrace summer as it starts to bring the warmth, instead, I embrace the heat and return to school in October.

Most students will read this article and not believe me or will say many things like, "Eww, gross," and sometimes I agree. For myself, going to a quarter school is kind of nice. It is annoying to know that many students will be finished with finals as I enter midterms at my university. It's annoying that when I am home that everyone starts to head back to school leaving the second half of my summer really boring and empty, or extremely busy because I then have to work sixty hours in place of for all students who left.

But this is my summer. I go to school which has quarters instead of semesters. I have the ability to visit my friends who started school before my school. I have one on one quality time with my family. Even though my quarter just ended, it is pretty nice, sometimes. I am thankful to enjoy the summer that I do have. Being at my school is difficult. Some of the students at my school don't have a break if you take it the way the school wants you to. If you take classes during the summer quarter at my school (which I don't) then you really only have three weeks off and then eleven more weeks of school before one week off before the fall start.

So as you are entering the second half of your summer enjoy it! Everyone's summer is different yet amazing and this might be the last one you have left! Remember that your summer could just be starting which means you could just be leaving finals! So here is to the summer of 2016 and all the wonderful memories that are soon to come! Enjoy and be safe out there!