Summer 2018 As Told By My 18 Favorite Pictures I Took This Summer
Food Drink

I absolutely love photography and any time I can get out and go shoot nature, or just people living their lives in general, I'm all about it.

380

At the end of last school year I decided to start a photography Instagram. I absolutely love photography and any time I can get out and go shoot nature, or just people living their lives in general, I'm all about it. This summer I didn't go on a ton of epic trips, but I did get the chance to work on my camera skills on numerous different occasions. Between beach trips with the family to road trips to Montana I was able to capture some pretty memorable moments. If you like these photos and want to see more follow me on Insta: @bekahpphotos

1. Coker Arboretum: Chapel Hill, NC

Unc's campus is absolutely beautiful and the arboretum is one of the places that students go for a relaxing lunch or stroll to take a break from all the chaos of classes or just being a college student in general.

2. Rock Stack: Pilot Mountain

Hiking along any trail you can find these artsy looking stacks of rocks. If I'm completely honest I don't know the purpose behind them, but I seriously enjoyed taking the time out of my hike to snap a pic of this beauty.

3. Sunrise: Topsail Beach, NC

Sunrises on the beach are one of the most peaceful and beautiful things. I absolutely love waking up early to see the beauty of all the colors that illuminate the sky during the sunrise.

4. Line of lighted heads: Gregg Museum of

I honestly don't remember the stories behind these crazy looking heads, but they were really interesting to look at and shoot. They may not be the most aesthetic thing I captured this summer but it still is pretty exciting to see and experience.

5. Chai latte at Jubala Coffee: Raleigh, NC

There's nothing more enticing to me than an iced cold chai latte. I enjoyed this moment with a dear friend and we experienced a new coffee shop together and embraced the warmth of the North Carolina hear.

6. Floating around Lake McDonald: Glacier National Park, Montana

Glacier National Park is honestly one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. One of the days we were there we took a break from hiking to stop and enjoy the scenery. This was just one of the cute moments I captured right before we left for the day.

7. Flower from JC Raulston Arboretum: Raleigh, NC

Nature is absolutely breathtaking and to me flowers just make me smile. There's something about a colorful flower just sitting there waiting to be captured in photography forever that gets me all hyped up and excited about life.

8. Gazing at nature: Sarah P. Duke Gardens Durham, NC

Sharing nature with friends is one of the best things. Honestly, this day was an adventure for both of us because it was our first time at the Duke Gardens and we were both in absolute awe of the beauty that surrounded us.

9. Storm over the ocean: Topsail Beach, NC

Never have I seen a storm over the water look so calming and terrifying al at the same time. The ombre effect that filled the skies was astonishing and I was in absolute shock that I was able to actual capture something this serene. It was a moment that I probably will never get again.

10. Between a rock and a hard place: Pilot Mountain, NC

Hiking with friends is something that I absolutely love to do. Even more I ;love when those same friends let me take insanely cool and eclectic photos of them in really weird places and positions. To say this is one of my a favorite pictures I've ever taken would not be short of an understatement.

11. Beautiful lake views: Glacier Nationals Park, Montana

If you don't believe that the water is this blue, trust me it is! Although this lake was ice cold and I didn't end up swimming in it, looking at it was more than enough for my heart. Plus Glacier National Park is a photographer's playground and this picture is proof.

12. Books on books: Wilmington, NC

This stack of books just seemed to fall just perfectly for me. Old used bookstores are some of my favorite places to spend my free time. So going to Wilmington doesn't mean that anything different will change and that I won't be like a little kid in a candy shop when I enter a used bookstore.

13. Bridge part 1: Sarah P. Duke Gardens Durham, NC

Bridges are honestly some of the most beautiful structures out there. They not only hold you up but there are really awesome to look for from a distance!

14. Famous last words: Free Expression Tunnel Raleigh, NC

NC State has a free expression tunnel here students and anyone alike can go in and express themselves with art and words. This piece of work was one of my favorite things that we saw that day because it just worked perfectly to experience with friends for the caption of "famous last words".

15. Grinnell Glacier: Glacier National Park, Montana

As I have said time and time again, Glacier National Park is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. You can totally fight me on that but you'd be wrong. The beautiful blue waters made hiking through hail totally worth it.

16. Bridge part 2: Sarah P. Duke Gardens Durham, NC

Bridges on bridges on bridges. The Duke Gardens were filled with breathtaking bridges that led to even more astounding views.

17. Sunset over the riverwalk: Wilmington, NC

Sunsets are just as amazing as sunrises and should be embraced as such. The boats beating down the river and the bridge in the background just made for a picture to be taken.

18. Grinnell Glacier hiking trail: Glacier National Park, Montana

Glacier National Park is not lacking in two areas: lakes or mountains. I had an absolute blast spending seven days hiking with a great group of friends and seeing views like this on the daily.

I took so many pictures this summer and I could have picked so many different pictures to put here. But these are the top 18 that I found to be my absolute favorite or the ones that come with a story that I enjoyed taking the most. Each picture comes with its own story and I love talking about each and every one of them. When I look back on this summer I will love to relive each of these moments.