Top 5 Summer Reads

I will probably think about reading more than I will actually do it, but it's the thought that counts right?

My summer is all about fun in the sun, getting a tan, eating right and getting in the books. I love to nerd out for literally weeks in a row just reading until my glasses break from overuse. I only know a few other people in my life who read as much as I do, and they are all related to me. However, there are over 8 billion people in this world, and at least one of them is as crazy for a good story as I am. So I wanted to shout out some of my favorite books!

I have an entire list of new books that I want to read. However, if I have read it once I will probably read it again. So here is a list of books I have read and am re-reading, as well as a few new ones!

1. "Bridge To Haven." - Francine Rivers.

I am including this one because it is literally in my hand right now. The day I got home from college I ran into my parent's house and searched for it. This book is so good. Not to give any spoilers, but it is a Christian based romance novel about a young girl in the 50s and its bomb. I really like the way this author expresses feelings and emotions and writes them to be relatable for her audience.

2. "To Kill A Mockingbird." - Harper Lee

It is a new tradition of mine to start the summer out reading this book. Not only is it a classic, but it has relevant topics and points of views that are essential for the time we live in. I think this book really speaks to my ethics and always opens my eyes to new things.

3. "Unwifeable." - Mandy Stadtmiller

This girl is why I became a writer. No joke, she is my inspiration. Mandy Stadtmiller is a satirical writer, and at the time of publishing for this book, she worked for The Post. She is hilarious, detailed oriented, and knows what she is doing. Her books are not for everyone, but if you are looking for a good laugh and some juicy drama to sink your teeth into, this memoir of hers is perfect for you.

4. "The Road Back To You: An Enneagram Journey To Self-Discovery." - Ian Morgan Cron & Suzanne Stabile

I actually hate self-help books. They make me feel like they are picking my personality apart and showing all the horrible sides of myself. I am passionate, however, about knowing thyself. Therefore, this sucker is a great place to start. The Enneagram is a complex personality system that helps you become more self-aware. It is not easy and it is not always fun, but it really does help. I always incorporate one self-help book into my summer reads. My advice is to take this book slow and read the entire thing, even if you figure out your Enneagram type or you get frustrated.

5. "All Things New." - John Eldredge

Here is my new book. I don't know a lot about this book, but my family members read it and gave it rave reviews. This is another spiritual book about Heaven and the restoration of the earth when Jesus comes back. Breathe, it's okay. This book is simply here to help encourage people to believe in something and believe in goodness. I have a hard time being joyful when there is a lot of horrible things I see and hear every day. This book is a good encouragement for me and it might be for you.