10 Essential Songs For Your Summer Playlist

Summer is here! Whether it's a backyard BBQ or a beach day by the ocean, I've got you covered with 10 summer songs across all genres, dating from 1958 to the present day that'll take your summertime escapism to the next level.

1. "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie" - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Nothing in this world captivates Summer better than the Red Hot Chili Peppers jamming on a rooftop in Venice Beach, California.

2. "Santa Monica" - Everclear

Containing arguably one of the greatest hooks of all-time, Everclear's "Santa Monica" makes us want to see some palm trees, live beside the ocean, and feel some sunshine.

3. "Could You Be Loved" - Bob Marley & The Wailers

Bob Marley is to Summer as Santa Claus is to Winter. Enough said.

4. "Don't Make Me Wait" - Sting & Shaggy

Sting & Shaggy, a dynamic reggae-pop duo, released "Don't Make Me Wait" in 2018 alongside a music video filled with everything we love about Summer.

5. "Fly" - Sugar Ray (feat. Super Cat)

Sugar Ray released "Fly" in 1997. Legend says everyone born since it's release knows the chorus word for word straight out of the womb. Mark McGrath knew the power his frosted tips held when he sang, "all around the world, statues crumble for me."

6. "I Follow Rivers" - Lykke Li (Magician Remix) 

"I Follow Rivers" is an addicting pop song from Swedish singer-songwriter Lykke Li, remixed by Belgian DJ, Stephen Fasano, perfect for any summertime get together.

7. "Dance, Baby!" - Boy Pablo

Norwegian indie rock band, Boy Pablo, released "Dance, Baby!" in 2017. "Dance, Baby!" is an upbeat song about loneliness you can't help but groove to.

8. "Miami" - Will Smith

"Party in the city where the heat is on all night, on the beach till the break of dawn. Welcome to Miami! Bienvenidos a Miami!"

9. "The Boys of Summer" - The Ataris 

Quite possibly one of the greatest covers, The Ataris cover Don Henley's "The Boys of Summer" with a punk-rock twist great for summer drives. Watch your speed!

10. "I Wonder Why" - Dion & The Belmonts

CAUTION! Be sure the grill and all chairs are out of grandma and grandpa's jitterbug path when this 1950's oldie tune comes on!