5 Songs That Remind Me of Summer

5 Songs That Remind Me of Summer

Summertime memories

699
https://www.pexels.com/photo/sunglasses-sunset-summer-sand-46710/
9 Of My Summer Goals

This is a response to 7 New Songs to Start Spring Off Right

The summer. A season of heat, fun, and a break from school. There are many different vibes that come along with summertime, songs included. Here are some songs that remind me of various summertimes.

Tongue Tied - Grouplove

In 2011, Grouplove released their debut album, Never Trust a Happy Song and one of the singles of the album was Tongue Tied. Tongue Tied held a position on many music charts worldwide, the highest spot being number 3 on the US Hot Rock and Alternative Songs 2011-2012 weekly chart by Billboard. It also became platinum-certified five times in the United States The song’s lyrics and upbeat tone give off the feeling of a fun summer party.

Brazil - Declan McKenna

Declan McKenna released his debut album What Do You Think About the Car? in 2015. Off of that album is his single, Brazil. Brazil would reach number 12 on the US Adult Alternative Songs 2015-2017 chart by Billboard and became platinum in the United Kingdom. With its easy, relaxed music and lyrics, this song brings me back to the summer of 2022 and reminds me of sitting poolside.

Red Red Wine - UB40

Did you know that UB40’s 1983 song, Red Red Wine is actually a cover of a Neil Diamond song? I did not know that until doing research on it. Red Red Wine ended up being a hit, going on to go gold in four countries (the United States included) and also went on to go double platinum in the United Kingdom. The song takes me back to the summer of 2021, when one of my best friends, Shelby, had an 80s music kick. The song was one of her most frequently played, especially in her car

Hungry Eyes - Eric Carmen

Hungry Eyes was released in 1987 and was famously featured on the soundtrack for the 1987 romantic drama film, Dirty Dancing. Hungry Eyes landed the number 2 spot on the weekly 1987-1988 US Adult Contemporary Billboard chart and went platinum in the UK. This is another summer of 2021 jam, courtesy of Shelby. I remember late-night swims to this song.

I Ain't Worried - One Republic

I Ain’t Worried came out in 2022 as a single for the Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack. I Ain’t Worried dominated the 2022-2023 weekly charts, reaching number 1 on the Billboard US Adult Top 40. The song would also receive many certifications across the globe including a gold in Spain, 19 platinum in 13 different countries (The most frequent being five times platinum in Australia, triple in Canada, and double in New Zealand), and a diamond in France. When I’m not associating this song with Top Gun: Maverick’s beach volleyball scene, I associate it with the summer of 2022, blasting this in Shelby’s car.

Summer may only be a few months, but the memories and songs will last.