What You Can Expect From Summer In Florida

This summer will be hot, hot, hot!

20
endless summer plate

Summer starts with a solstice marking that as the longest day of the year when changing seasons. This creates longer days filled with light and shorter nights filled without light. This day is one of the most important days to students in school because it marks their summer vacation, or how long they have until they go back to school (depending on the education level).

Now summer in Florida is different from places like New York, New Jersey, Georgia, and other northern states, especially when students get out for summer break. In Florida, students are let out between the months of April to the first week in June depending on the education level. The students in Florida get out so early because they start a whole month earlier, August, than most northern states. In the northern states, school usually starts in September and lets out for summer in June.

In Florida, with school being out and parents having to work, summer camps for young students and summer jobs for older students are in full bloom. Summer camps run 8am to 5pm filled with activities for the younger students to enjoy. These activities are as follows but aren’t limited to swimming, arts and crafts, outside games, trips, movies, group activities and etc. The young students have it easy, unlike the older students. The older students have to look for jobs and start saving money because they want to able to get stuff or do stuff with their own money and not have to ask their parents. Looking for a job stinks (especially in Florida) during the summer season because hours are limited and no one is hiring. Having a job during the summer does pay off for in the long run.

During the summer, the most common thing to do is going to the beach and have fun with friends. In Florida, summer at the beach is great. The water is nice and there are tons of cool things to do there. Some activities at the beach are tanning, swimming, volleyball, jet skiing, parasailing, shelling, paddle boarding and many more. All these activities are fun, but students have to be aware of sunburns, especially in the summer months in Florida. If a student gets really badly burned in July and August because the sun is at its hottest, there is potential for that person not wanting to go back outside. Waiting for a sunburn to heal stinks because you're missing out on tons of summer fun! Florida students, you need to wear suntan lotion so that you can have fun and be safe from the sun. It getting hotter also increases the amount of times students will take a trip to their favorite coffee place, like Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. Also, during the summer students are always wanting to hang out with their friends. In Florida students often go to the beach, the movies, shopping and out to eat with their friends. Now that school is out, the movies are always busy! When it is too hot to do anything else, students tend go to the movies no matter what time or day it is.

Students often go on trips with their families. During Florida summers, a lot of people come down for vacations from different states and countries to see what it is like. Most Floridian students and their families for trips during the summer go somewhere other than Florida, or a different town in Florida.

In the summer, the grass is always green and there are great heat lightning shows here in Florida. The grass is always green because of the rainy nights and the sunny days. The heat lightning shows are so great because it looks like Spiderman shooting webs across the night sky.

Summer in Florida is pretty great, and there are lots of adventures for students to enjoy.