Summer Expectations Vs. Reality

Summer Expectations Vs. Reality

26
Summer Expectations Vs. Reality

While summer is a wonderful time of the year, we all can get a little carried away with what we expect the upcoming summer to bring. Here are some of those expectations of summer that we think about all winter compared to the reality of summer:

That Perfect Summer Body

Expectation:

I'm going to work out everyday this summer so I can look great in my swimsuit and wow everyone once Fall semester comes.

Reality:

Well, I just got off of work, and I was invited to go get ice cream so I think I'm going to go do that, and I'll just work out tomorrow (and let me tell you, that "tomorrow" never comes).

Summer Adventures

Expectation:

This summer I just want to drive to a random town and just spend the day there. Ooh, I also think it’d be fun to get a group together and go camping somewhere new!

Reality:

Wait, the campsite, food and gas is going to cost THAT much? Well, my mom just bought a fire pit, so I mean we can just have a bonfire there… It’s basically the same thing as camping.

Days Off of Work:

Expectation:

I’m not going to waste a day doing nothing this summer. I’m going to do something fun every day I have off; it’s going to be amazing.

Reality:

I’m so tired, but I slept in until 11:30 so I shouldn’t be. Ugh, I have to put away my laundry, dishes and clean my room. If I get all of that done quickly, I have time to take a nap and then I can end the night with some Netflix.

Hanging Out With Friends

Expectation:

My friends and I are going to hang out so much this summer and we’re going to make the best memories.

Reality:

“Hey everyone! I’m off on Friday, so who wants to hang out? Oh… you all work that day?"
"...well, I work on Thursday, but you guys go ahead and have fun!”

Family Vacations

Expectation:

I’m so excited to go to our cabin this summer with my family. We always have a great time!

Reality:

Well, my family has the weekends off, but I don’t, so now I guess I’ll enjoy my time home alone while they’re at the cabin…

Swimming

Expectation:

I’m so excited to swim this summer! I’m going to go the beach and swim in the lake all the time!

Reality:

WHY IS THE WATER SO COLD, DEAR GOD!

Luckily, even with our flawed expectations we all seem to have a great summer break. Don’t let your expectations not living up to reality get you down, and have a wonderful summer!