5 Simple Summertime Inspired Adventures To Avoid Summer Boredom

If so, heres a list of simple activities to keep you busy!
96

“I’m bored,” is a commonly overused phrase that I too, am certainly guilty of muttering. Especially during the summer months, it seems people will throw around the remark without even trying to brainstorm activities to pursue.

But over time, I’ve realized that there are many simple yet enjoyable pastimes to enjoy in order to avoid ever feeling dissatisfied at all.

So for all of you who may be laying around the house, finding yourself “bored” for no reason, take a look at this simple list I’ve put together, and keep yourself occupied!

1. Go for a drive.

You don't always need an excuse or destination in order to get in your car and go for a long drive. Just strap in, turn up the music, and let go of all your stresses. Roll down your windows and take in your surroundings. Driving is a great way to pass time without sitting in your house unoccupied.

2. Take an impulsive trip to the beach.

Now maybe you would like a specific destination, and in that case, I’d say head to the nearest beach. Even if you are unable to spend the night, just enjoy the salty air and the ocean waves for the day. Pack a towel to lay out on and don’t forget your tanning oil. Going to the beach is the perfect way to enjoy a change of scenery, go for a swim, and get a nice tan!

3. Find a park and take a walk.

Whether you want to bring a friend or venture alone, there is always the option to stroll through a park. In the area that I live in, there are so many parks to choose which keeps it interesting as I am able to switch it up and have many different experiences. Taking a nice walk through a local park is a great way to get some exercise and still feel relaxed as you immerse yourself in nature.

4. Have a picnic.

You can picnic anywhere, but sometimes it is fun to stay close to home. So even on the days you don't feel like traveling, try to enjoy a picnic in the comfort of your own backyard! Just set out a blanket and gather some of your favorite foods. Food is a great way to bring people together, so call up a neighbor or family member and see if anyone would like to join you.

5. Get outside and get crafty.

Even if you don't have an artistic bone in your body, I believe drawing and painting can still be an enjoyable pastime. You don't even need many supplies—just grab some paint and a few brushes and grab a seashell or rock to decorate. If drawing is more your thing, pick up some colored pencils and an adult coloring book and have some fun!

But no matter what you are in to, just remember there is always something to do.

These are just a few activities to give you some ideas but there are endless possibilities of simple pastimes to choose from— these are just some of my favorite go-to's.

Remember, summer is short so whatever you do, make sure you make the most of it!