What The Term 'Summer Body' Means To Me

When I Hear 'Summer Body' I Hear Ice Cream, Tan Lines, And Beach Hair

I feel my most body positivity during the summer because I get to choose what I hear!

2671

I love what I'm hearing when I hear "summer body," because all I hear is ice cream, tan lines, and beach hair! I am a very well rounded person when it comes to my fitness, if that's what you hear when someone says "summer body," but I'm not here to talk about how I look during the summer. I'm here to actually ENJOY my summer.

You can find me on the beach or the boardwalk in my bikini probably holding an ice cream cone after an ocean dip. The warm salty summer breeze is such a refresher for me. Of course, I bring my fur baby with me, since he's the sweetest and absolutely loves the beach as much as I do!

Let's talk more about the “summer body" phrase. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dismissing physical fitness for the summer I'm just saying, can you love yourself first? I mean physical activity should be in your daily regime in order to stay healthy and energetic!

Fitness is standard self-care for me, all year round. On the other hand, summer is only one season.

To me, when I hear "summer body," it's also hearing about my friends' vacation trips, life updates, and new adventures because I know I will always get to see them in the summer no matter what. There's usually family obligations all year round making sure everyone is okay. Then, there are my best friends, who I plan secret getaways with! It's a secret because it's planned way in advance and no one knows about it but us!

Traveling is a huge "summer body" mood — call me a travel bug because the second there's the feeling of summer in the air I am onto my next adventure. Whether I have tan lines or beach hair I am on a plane with my partner in crime! That serendipity feeling with spontaneous trips is what everyone should vibe for when they hear "summer body" — absolute bliss.

As the whirlwind of summer starts to wind-down, when I hear summer body I hear grass stains, butterflies, and ladybugs. I'm usually the type to lay around on the grass and read one of my favorite books, diving further into the unknown. No matter what stage of "summer body" I'm in, I make sure that it is one to remember. I'll probably be going through photos and scrap-booking outside while basking in the phosphorescent sun.

When I hear "summer body" I hear time to make memories.