Summer Away From Your College Best Friends As Told By Gifs

Your best friend isn't down the hall or a few minutes away anymore.
285

Saying goodbye to your college best friends isn’t easy. Being apart for the summer after spending nine months together is an adjustment that will take some getting used to. These friends are the reason why college felt so much like a home and it’s hard to imagine your daily life without them.

Here are some of the difficulties faced when we no longer have our best friends just a few minutes away from us for the summer.

1. You don’t have someone to deal with your mood swings

No one knows how to handle your moods like they do.

2. You don’t have a snuggle buddy

There won’t be your best friend down the hall to jump into bed with and tell about your night or complain about a boy to.

3. No one understands your inside jokes

You’ll make a joke around your family or hometown friends and no one laughs because they don’t understand it. Such a shame.

4. The group message dies down

There are fewer notifications on your phone because everyone is busy with their own summer schedules.

5. You only have one closet

Choosing an outfit now becomes even harder than when you had six closets to dig through.

6. “I wish they were here”

Doing something or seeing something that reminds you of your best friend and thinking, “I wish they were here”.

7. The difficulties of trying to get together

Having friends from all over the state who all have different work schedules makes it very difficult to hang out.

8. Whenever you do see your best friends, it’s like a holiday

You’re usually hungover alone and don’t have anyone to share funny stories from the night before with.

10. You have to get ready alone

Your roommates aren’t there to help you with your makeup or hair, and you aren’t jamming to music together getting ready for a night out.

11. You feel incomplete

Without your other half by your side, life just isn't the same.

Not having your best friends down the hall or just minutes away can be hard. But realizing how much you miss them over the summer just shows how good of friends you have and to never take them for granted.