10 Songs To Add To Your 2019 Summer Playlist

10 Songs You Need To Add To Your Summer 2019 Playlist

Ten songs that will fit the mood of your summer vacation, no matter what you're doing.

281

I love making playlists. I'll make a playlist for any day, any mood, any person, anything. I need a soundtrack for literally everything I do because music just makes life more enjoyable. Seriously, if you ever need a playlist, hit me up. I will make you one.

Believe it or not, it is just now starting to feel like summer in Southern California. Though it's already July, the sun has hardly made an appearance near the coast. June was cold and overcast here in San Diego, which is going to be my excuse for making a summer playlist one month too late.

July is giving me hope that it'll start to feel like summer where I live soon. I'm starting to get ahead of myself, thinking about all the beach days, late-night drives with my friends, and crazy adventures in my near future.

Now, all I need is a soundtrack to go with it. If you live somewhere that's already experiencing the summer weather, then perhaps you already have a soundtrack. But I hope you can find a new more songs to add to it in this article.

I threw together a collection of 10 songs that give me heavy summertime feels. I tried to find songs that tap into the fun and reckless spirit of the season. Whether you're going on a road trip with your best friends, laying out by the pool for hours upon end, or jumping in the waves at sunset, I hope you stream these songs for the remainder of your time off from school.

Song #1: "Dancing On Glass" by St. Lucia

This song is one I always come back to when summer rolls around. Though "Dancing On Glass" came out a few years ago, it's a timeless bop. Every time I listen to this song, within the first 10 seconds I'm taken out of reality and I imagine myself in my best friend's car. There's at least five of us in total, and we're barreling through the hills to sneak into the nearby lake after it's closed down for the day. The windows are all down and the sun is setting behind us. We're all singing the chorus at the top of our lungs. We're all laughing hysterically.

Times like the one described above remind me of summer. I love this song because it's one that reminds me of all the wacky adventures my friends drag me on every year. It's a beautiful tune and it makes me feel spontaneous, which is a great mood for Summer 2019.

Song #2: "Bad Fun" by courtship.

This song is badass, and that's pretty much all there is to it. It's got a little bit of everything we're looking for this summer: an upbeat tempo, sassy lyrics, and some rebellion mixed in there. I can't really explain the way this song makes me feel, but I definitely suggest you take a listen to it.

Song #3: "Human" by The Killers

Another oldie but goodie. Like "Dancing On Glass," this song also takes me away to a paradise in my head within the first few seconds of the introduction. There are so many wholesome things about this song. The simple line, "Are we human? Or are we dancers?" makes me want to throw every worry out of my head and truly live in the moment.

The Killers's "Human" makes me forget about all the stress I endured during the school year, and all the stress I'll probably endure once I go back in the fall. It's a great song to dance to alongside your best friends in the living room, in the backyard, or in the car. This song never gets old during the summertime.

Song #4: "Do You Want Me (Dead)?" by All Time Low

I couldn't possibly make a playlist without at least one pop-punk song on it. I know the genre is not everybody's cup of tea, but you've got to give this song a chance.

All Time Low have been one of my favorite bands for years, and the song, "Do You Want Me (Dead)?" remains one of their most fun and obnoxious bangers. It never fails to put a smile on my face. It's perfect for any road trip, or belting at the top of your lungs in the car with the windows down. Great vibes all around.

Song #5: "Check Yes, Juliet" by We The Kings

I don't even need an explanation for this one. Enough said.

Song #6: "Flicker" by Porter Robinson

This is another song that reminds me of my best friends. I remember the first time I heard this song was in my best friend Christian's house, while us and about 10 others were having a dance party in his living room while his parents were asleep. I have no idea what any of the lyrics mean, but the tune of the song is a lot of fun. It's got a lot of good vibes to it, and every time it comes on I find myself bopping to the beat no matter what.

Song #7: "Empty" by Olivia O'Brien

I'm pretty sure the main reason this song came to mind is because the album artwork features a doll lying face-down in a swimming pool. And if that's not a summer mood, I don't know what is.

I'm kidding. Please don't lay face-down in a pool. Olivia O'Brien's style of music is different from my taste, but I really like this particular song. It puts me in a loud, obnoxious and "screw it" mentality. It's a definitely a party song for the summertime.

Song #8: "HEAVEN AND BACK" by Chase Atlantic

This song is off Chase Atlantic's brand new album "PHASES", which dropped last week. I knew within the first five seconds of the song that it was going to be my favorite off the record. And what do you know? I was right.

There is something so dreamy about this song: It makes me feel like I'm trapped inside a video game and an action movie all at the same time.

It's perfect for the nights you'll spent out with your friends until past midnight. You'll be so tired, the last thing you'll want to do is drive home. This song has the perfect tune for night-driving, and it'll definitely pick you up as well. I'm obsessed with it.

Song #9: "Audi A4" by MISSIO

Okay everyone, this song is crazy. From beginning to end, there is so much going on, it's over too overwhelming. But that's exactly why it's on this playlist.

I'm a huge MISSIO fan, and their new album, The Darker The Weather // The Better The Man is definitely my favorite of 2019 so far. For both the lyrics and the music, "Audi A4" is the most perfect song on this playlist to blast in your car with the windows down.

No matter where I am when it comes on, this song puts a huge grin on my face. If I'm ever feeling down or tired, this song lifts me back up and reminds me of who I want to be this summer: loud, obnoxious and rowdy.

Song #10: "Jungle" by Tash Sultana

I don't feel the need to explain myself for choosing this song to conclude the playlist. If you've heard this song before, then you already know why it's on here. And if you haven't, I highly suggest you check it out. I can say with confidence that "Jungle" has some of the best instrumentals I've ever heard from a song in my entire life. It truly feels like a piece of living art in my opinion, and every part of it screams "summer" to me. Like the amazing sunset we had here in San Diego a few days ago, this song is the perfect way to conclude any day this summer.

As I said earlier, no matter what I'm doing, I feel like music makes everything more enjoyable. It's interesting looking back on what I listened to throughout the years because sometimes, playlists can really tell a story. I hope to make what is remaining of my summer vacation the best that it can be, and I hope that you do the same. If you stream these songs on the daily, it shouldn't be to hard to do that.

Happy jamming!