13 Chill And Feel-Good Songs For Summer 2019
Music

Looking for some chill and indie-like bops this summer? You've come to the right place.

272

Good news, y'all! Summer is coming! Although, this could be bad news if you're like me and don't necessarily enjoy heat... nonetheless, it's time for the majority of us to be freed from the tortures college and high school and enjoy some time to ourselves.

Personally, I always have music on during the summer (even when you can't physically hear a song, I'm bopping to one in my head, I promise). That being said, my music taste is a bit more specific in the summertime; I tend to listen to very chill, feel-good, indie songs with a dash of some throwbacks.

I got some requests asking for me to compile some of my favorite songs after the article I did about songs I listen to during panic attacks, so I decided to give y'all some of my go-to feel-good bops that I'll definitely have on replay this summer. And, of course, there's a link to every song on youtube as always!

1. "Peer Pressure" by James Bay (feat. Julia Michaels)

I literally have this song on repeat (both on my Spotify and in my brain), and I'm always singing it. It's a 14/10 bop, my friends.

2. "Like Gold" by Vance Joy

I've been obsessed with this song ever since the album came out. When I first heard it, I was with my family driving down to New Orleans, so I always associate it with good memories and car rides.

3. "Dancing Queen" by Abba

I mean... does this even need an explanation? It's a classic bop that I refuse to let die off.

4. "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen

Same as above, it is a real classic, especially if you're "havin' a good time" (pardon the pun... I had to do it).

5. "Nervous" by Shawn Mendes

I listen to this whenever I think about the person I like, and it's cheesy, but I like the giddy feeling it gives me. It also makes me feel kind of cheeky, but I don't really know why... still love it for the summertime bops.

6. "As We Ran" by The National Parks

This song is about connecting with nature, and the profits go to national park conservation! What's not to love?

7. "Hold On" by Alabama Shakes

Another one of those songs I associate with really good memories. I love playing it when I'm driving with the windows down on the more country roads (this song is too good and hip for the interstate).

9. "Shrike" by Hozier

My favorite place to listen to this song is in my car when it's raining (I promise, it's magical).

10. "Would That I" by Hozier

Another car song! Though, it doesn't have to be raining. This song just gives me so much joy honestly

11. "Sober Up" by AJR

This is a song for car rides with your friends. When you're all shouting the words and smiling ear to ear, and time seems to slow down for those three to four minutes.

12. "Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae

A reminder to let loose and chill! It's summer!

13. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell

And, of course, I had to end with a classic (Best played with your closest buddies in the car, windows rolled down, shouting the words)!