Summer 2017 Anime

Summer 2017 Anime

Previewing the summer 2017 anime shows

26
Summer 2017 Anime
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/8e/dd/fe/8eddfe199190fb92bf6f50b8a1db063d.jpg

June 21st marks the first day of the summer and the longest day of the year. As students and teenagers are rejoicing their soon-to-be freedom from school and making their plans for beach days, I am looking up on the new season of sweet anime to binge on. Well everyone has their ideas of summer like enjoying the outdoors, I take my sweet time to make lunch and stay inside, watching anime shows to cross them off my ever-growing list. While this season may not be the season of sequels that we saw in the spring, there are a decent amount of second seasons and originals to keep an eye out for. And that is why I am here; to keep you all informed on the shows that you should watch. Without further ado here is the list.

The first show that I should mention is technically a leftover show from spring, but it is going to be running up to 22 episodes, hence why I am mentioning it for the summer. It is called “Re: Creators”, a show that is about story characters from novels, TV shows, and video games coming to life from their fictional life and into modern day Japan. I saw this at the beginning of the season, but due to the large volume of shows that I had planned, I set it aside for a few weeks. Fast forwards eight weeks later, my friend and I decided to check it out and it shocked us. The art and animation of the show is incredibly beautiful and detailed. Even though the story has powerful characters brought into a normal everyday world, they still maintain their superpowers. Characters from each story take their sides to either protect their creators or to search them out. Half the season has already aired so catch up on the show and you will see what I am talking about.

The next show is about love, secrets, and destiny. “Koi to Uso” or “Love and Lies” is about a time in Japan where the government sets up arranged marriage partners when an individual turns the age of sixteen. Yukari Nejima is about to turn sixteen years old, but has already confessed to someone who likes him back as well. Then the day comes to when he is assigned his marriage partner, but his partner allows Yukari to maintain his relationship so she can learn what is like. I find this anime to be very interesting because it reminds me of a movie called “The Adjustment Bureau” starring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt. If you haven’t seen this movie or faintly remember it, it was about an upcoming politician played by Damon, but he meets Emily Blunt’s character and they immediately fall in love. However the adjustment bureau prevents them from being together because their relationship causes Damon’s character’s politics from benefiting the city they live in. I really liked the concept of this movie and the anime reminded me a lot about it and hope that my interest and the successful popularity of the manga version will meld together to make a wonderful viewing experience.

Our third feature is a movie from a series that is pretty much known by every person who watches anime. It is called “No Game No Life -Zero-” and it airs on July 25th. This movie is a prequel to the very insanely popular 2014 anime, “No Game No Life”. The movie will focus around the events before Sora and Shiro entered the world where everything that is major or small is decided by games. Games such as chess or poker can decide things from money to fates of entire nations! For those who have read the light novels, the movie will focus on the contents of volume six when Tet, who eventually becomes the God of that world, is saved by Izuna. We will finally get to see how the world in “No Game No Life” came to be. Just weigh in on this, I am still a bit peeved off that it is not a sequel to “No Game No Life” because it was ended on a HUGE cliffhanger and if you are curious about the series, what to expect, or want binge the show again, you can watch all twelve episodes on www.crunchyroll.com/no-game-no-life.

Now I will be honest with all of you, not every season can offer anime gold or an immense selection of shows to watch. After viewing each show’s description, there was not as much stuff to get really involved in. For Pete’s sake, I got up to twenty-two shows for Spring 2017 and I know I did not mention each show in my last preview of the season. I would like to offer at least a quick rundown of other shows to see, keep an eye out for “Owarimonogatari (Ge)”, “New Game!!”, “Fate/Apocrypha”, and “Hibike Euphonium Movie: Todoketai Melody” If you are curious to see all the shows planning to be aired for the summer and their descriptions, check out all of them on http://anichart.net/Summer-2017. Enjoy the summer everybody, remember UV rays causes skin cancer so stay inside and watch these anime and movies!