Relaxing And Destressing

9 Ways to make time go faster on a stressful day

When you want nothing more for the day to be over!

205
Photo by Vladislav Muslakov on Unsplash
Unsplash

Have you ever had one of those days where everything under the sun seems to be going wrong? We've all been there. Those are the days where all you want to do is crawl into bed and sleep, and hope everything gets better. Well, luckily, there are a few easy fixes to end those super stressful days and make them more enjoyable!

1. Take a bath.

Or a shower, if you don't have a tub. Let the water wash away whatever it is that is stressing you out! Light some candles, bring a water or something else to drink, and sit back and relax!

2. Read a book.

This is one of my personal favorites. Use a book to be able to escape into another world. You'll soon realize you completely forgot about why you were so stressed out.

3. Go for a walk.

Now, these next few go hand in hand. Whenever I am stressed out, I find that going outside for a walk helps calm me down. Something about the exercise and fresh air make me feel so much better!

4. Go to the gym.

Working out is not only good for your physical health, but also mental health. Many days I find myself super stressed, then I go to the gym for an hour and feel so much better after.

5. Do yoga.

It doesn't have to be at a studio, and you don't even need a mat. Just do some of the stretches to let your mind relax.

6. Take a nap.

I don't know about you, but sleep cures everything for me. Sick? Take a nap. Stressed? Take a nap. Tired? Take a nap. Procrastinating on writing an assignment? Take a nap. You'll wake up feeling much better and ready to take on the world!

7. Color.

Ah, the joys of adult coloring books, or really any coloring book for that matter. My favorite saying is, "No one is too old to color." Seriously, give me a coloring book and colored pencils and I can be occupied for hours, completely blocking out the world around me.

8. Watch videos.

One of my favorite things to do every day is watch YouTube. It acts as a really good destresser. Much like reading a book, watching videos on YouTube lets me escape into another reality which, in turn, makes me forget about my current reality.

9. Essential oils.

This last one is a personal favorite of mine. Essential oils are very calming and relaxing. You can get a diffuser and oil kit on Amazon for less than $30 total. My go-to oils to use are Lavender and Peppermint.

So there you have it. If you are ever having one of those neverending, super stressful days, try one of these suggestions to help yourself de-stress. The stress is only temporary, and more often than not, good things will come out of it. Comment down below and let me know if you guys have anything you like to do to de-stress.