I Suffer From Spring Fever

I Suffer From Spring Fever

Just because it's been warm recently, doesn't mean I trust that the worst of winter is over.
157

As of lately, the weather has taken an unseasonably warm turn. Last week, we had six inches of snow on the ground, and now every bench on campus is taken by a student seeking a little time outdoors between classes.

The January to February stretch - when Christmas season is over, but we are still faced with winter weather - is by far my least favorite time of year.

Thus, symptoms of spring fever first start to arise. You know you've caught the fever when:

- You find yourself researching tropical vacation destinations in your free time.

- You post a picture on social media from the past summer with the caption "Wish I was here right now"

- "Island In The Sun" has somehow snuck its way onto your current playlist.

- You have an aggressive urge to throw away all of your coats, hats, gloves, and scarves.

- Swimming sounds far more appealing than skiing.

- You've officially made the switch back from hot coffee to ice coffee.

These are only a few of the symptoms I have found myself experiencing around this time each and every year.

No one likes spring fever. Wishing so badly for warmer weather and bluer skies while the weather is acting quite the opposite can get quite exhausting after a while.

So, I have to admit I'm a little skeptical of this year's current weather patterns. Sure, I'm excited to have 70 degree weather in the middle of February. It's a dream come true, and a welcome reprieve from the dreary post-holiday winter season. However, I am in no way prepared for the winter weather to return. Now that I've had a few days without the necessity of a coat, I am in no way inclined to put one back on.

Just because I've gotten a few days of warm weather doesn't mean I trust that the worst is over.

I'm onto you, Mother Nature.