How To Successfully Change Your Diet

How To Successfully Change Your Diet

The truth to getting the results you want.

8
How To Successfully Change Your Diet

Within my lifetime I think I've gone on about 457 diets, but that's just a rough estimate. Every time is the same, really. Super motivated, ready to lose X amount of pounds in X amount of days, but never totally honest with myself.

Diets are not a legitimate answer to any problem you have in life. And I won't lecture about lifestyle change because we all have heard it before, but it's true. To see real results you have to make an honest change and then commit to it.

Weight is not accumulated overnight and it won't disappear overnight either. And this isn't about not having body positivity. I do believe that everyone is beautiful regardless of size, however, your blood panels may show differently. Truthfully, if you feel out of shape and winded every time to go up a flight of stairs it's time to make a change regardless of the size of your jeans.

So here's some small changes we can all make without feeling like we're depriving ourselves but also positively influencing our lives:

Cut out soda.

Drink more water. (LIKE A LOT MORE WATER. Seriously, actually do this one it will change you more than you know.)

Fry your chicken in almond flour instead of breadcrumbs and choose olive, avocado, or coconut oil instead of vegetable or corn oil.

Cut down on white carbs and introduce wheat or brown rice based carbs instead.

Give yourself a cheat meal a week. Not a cheat day or a cheat weekend but a cheat meal. (Make sure your cheat doesn't undo a week's worth of hard work. It could be really hard to come back from that type of downfall.)

Find someone to support you and make sure you stay on track.

Workout at home if you are uncomfortable/cannot afford a gym.

All of these simple changes can influence your life positively and are a good starting step to seeing changes. I am currently beginning another health/fitness journey and I encourage you all to try it with me. Make sure you stick to a plan that is positive for you and that you feel comfortable with. You will never regret making a positive change in your life. Hey, a year from now you'll wish you started this whole thing today.