New School Year Advice

5 Tips for A Successful School Year

Own this year like a boss!

51
5 Tips for A Successful School Year
https://unsplash.com/photos/cEDzAukBYIc

Happy August! As the new school year approaches, along comes new opportunities, new goals, new friends and most importantly new memories. Here are some tips to make this academic year another one for the books!

1. Get involved!

What if one opportunity had the potential to change your life? During this stage of life, developing a hobby could bring so much clarity to your purpose. At school, there are so many opportunities to get involved and strengthen leadership skills. Volunteer at Back to School Night. Try out for the cheerleading squad. Run for Student Government. The possibilities are endless!

2. Sleep! Sleep! Sleep!

As cliche as it may sound, sleep is very important. Students should try to get at least eight hours of sleep nightly. Too little sleep could cause physical and mental issues such as depression, low ability to learn, high blood pressure and poor reaction time. In addition to sleep, a well-balanced diet and adequate exercise is also essential to student success.

3. Communicate.

If you are having difficulty in class or having problems at home, feel free to reach out to your parent, teacher or guidance counselor. Nobody knows what you need unless you reach out.

4. Set Goals.

Within the first week of the new year, think of all the things you'd like to accomplish both academically and personally and write them down. Are you going for all A's year round? Aspiring to become the Most Valuable Player of the basketball team? Want to build a stronger relationship with your best friends? It's possible! Always stay committed to your plans and congratulate yourself after each achievement.

5. Have Fun!

Your time in school is often referred to as the "Golden Years". Use this time to take classes that suit your interest, build personal relationships with teachers, attend and participate in class and always display a positive attitude. Pull out your best outfit and sharpen those pencils, because the First Day of School is officially here! Go out there and make this year the BEST year!