9 Ways To Be More Stylish Without Spending A Penny

Here are some tips to look good while saving money.

180

So you want to look better, but you don't want to spend the money; we've all been there. You're not sure where to start and need help. Lucky for you I'm making this article.

1. Find a stylish friend.

If you don't have a stylish friend, make more friends.

2. Contrast your pants and shirt.

When I say contrast, I do not mean clash. Simply, if you're wearing a light colored shirt, wear dark pants and if you're wearing a dark shirt, wear light colored pants. Also, if you're wearing a bright colored shirt, wear khakis. If you don't know if a pair of pants goes with a shirt, ask your stylish friends.

3. Cuff your pants.

This is a statement look. This shows that you don't just put your pants on in the morning, you care about how they look. Cuffing also shows off more of your shoes. So if you have a pair of fresh kicks on, you have a way to display them better.

4. Layer your clothes.

If you look up "men's fashion" on Google Images or Pinterest, you will see many outfits with more than just one shirt on. Find shirts that look good together. I know this is easier said than done, but a t-shirt with an open shirt can be a great casual look for anyone.

Layering your clothes is a great way to say "I know how to buy great clothes AND how to wear them together" without actually saying anything. If you need help, find your stylish friend.

5. Don't be afraid to try something new

So you want to look nice, and you think "maybe this shirt will look good with these pants." Try the outfit on and look in the mirror. I'm not saying you have to walk out of the house in it, but you can't be afraid to at least put it on. The worst thing that happens is that you put the outfit on and then change.

6. Find inspiration

Find some fashionable role models and follow them. See what they're wearing and if you can replicate some outfits. Or, you can do some research online on trendy outfits.

7. Clean your shoes

There's nothing fashionable about a dirty pair of shoes

8. Iron your clothes

If you have wrinkles on your clothes, it looks like you rolled out of bed and walked out of the house. Take the 5 minutes to make your clothes look nice. If you don't own an iron, you can hang out clothes on a hanger and put them in the bathroom with you when you shower. Another alternative is throwing the wrinkled clothes in the dryer with an ice cube for several minutes. To prevent wrinkles, fold your clothes before putting them in dressers or hanging them up on a hanger.

9. Dress appropriately for the occasion

If you're going to a casual party, it's probably not a good idea to wear a tux. If it's a black-tie event, don't wear jeans. However, it's better to be overdressed than underdressed. If you're not sure how formal or informal the event is, don't be afraid to ask.

Fashion is all about expressing yourself and wearing what you want to. So go out there and experiment with your outfits.