Best Necessities For Finals Week

Best Necessities For Finals Week

The end of the semester is rapidly approaching--use these items to better prepare you for hell week.

94
https://unsplash.com/photos/CyvK_Z2pYXg
https://unsplash.com/photos/CyvK_Z2pYXg

There are 3 weeks left of classes, and, before we know it, USC will be fully-immersed in finals. Here are a few study grind MUSTS that will make your finals week as painless as pulling constant all-nighters can be.

1. Blue Light Glasses 

Quizlets. Study Guides. Emails. Blackboard. Slideshows.

All these things require a single thing: computers. All computers emit a type of light often referred to as "blue light." This light can strain our eyes, and studies by Harvard University have found that blue light disrupts our circadian rhythms which can make sleeping extremely difficult.

Blue light glasses block out blue-light rays. I bought my own pair from Amazon for $16.95, and they have been a total lifesaver. If you want to see if blue light glasses are a right fit for you, check out this link!

2. Momentum (google chrome extension!) 

This extension for Google Chrome is not only aesthetically appealing, but it also can help keep you on track! I use my Momentum homescreen's "to-do" function--a list that allows you to type out what you need to accomplish and to strike out things you have completed. This list keeps me on track and focused.

Other items that might help include sticky notes or planners; really, anything that will help you make lists and check items off.

3. Yerba Mate, Coffee, or Tea

Any caffeinated beverage is a necessity for long study nights. Make sure that you are smart about the amount of caffeine you are consuming--drinking too much can make your heart painfully race or your stomach hurt. Dilute the amount of caffeine you are drinking with some water to achieve the ultimate productive peak.

4. Good Music

I tend to listen to lo-fi study beats or acoustic music when I need to study. Find the music that pumps you up while getting you focused at the same time. Another recent study discovery includes Spotify's "All Out '00s" playlist which is full of the best throwback tunes.

.5. Quick Workout 

Obviously the mental grind is important, but so is your physical grind too! I recommend doing a fast HIIT workout or some yoga stretches if you are feeling stiff. Regardless, get out and get active.

Related Articles Around the Web