6 Ways To Crush Exams

6 Ways To Crush Exams

All it takes is a little organization and a lot of motivation!
202

With the end of the semester approaching, it is crucial now that education becomes our number one priority. That means "Grey's Anatomy" and "Riverdale" must come second to studying. However, it can be hard to put away all distractions. With these fool-proof steps, anyone can master their material!

1. Start early.

I cannot reiterate this enough. Start studying at least a week before your test. That way, you’re not cramming the material in, but instead, you are gaining a more well-rounded understanding of it.

2. Break it up into steps.

When you start studying two days before the test, breaking all your tasks up isn't possible. Instead of being organized, you're rushed and stressed. When you give yourself ample time to study, each individual task doesn’t seem as overwhelming.

The first thing to do is consult your syllabus and write down every major concept you need to know your exam. Next, come up with a game plan. What do you need to review? Do you need to go over your notes or do some practice problems?

I suggest spending a day or two reviewing everything, then spend the remainder of your time working problems or practice examples. Finally, spend a few hours each day reviewing and practicing. This will be more beneficial and less stressful than waiting until the last minute.

3. Study to the test.

Now I don’t mean just memorize information solely because it’s going to be on the test. I mean practice to the layout of the exam. If it’s a problem-based test, working problems should be a large part of your studying. If it’s an essay based test, writing should be what you’re spending your time on.

4. Integrate other work.

You’ll wear yourself out and fry your brain if you’re only working on one subject all the time. Every hour or so give yourself a break by pulling out work for another class. Or, if you don’t have work for another class, take a nap or go to the gym. Giving yourself a break will give your brain time to really soak up the information you’re putting in it.

5. Don’t sacrifice sleep.

Don’t stay up until 2 or 3 a.m. studying. You won’t retain anything, and you’ll just be wasting your time. Go to bed at 11 or so instead, and you’ll be more productive the next day.

6. Just remember…

It’s only a test. It’s great to do well on it, but not the end of the world if you don’t. By following these steps, you’ll be super prepared for your exam without sacrificing your physical and mental health. Staying organized and on top of things will make this a much easier time than procrastinating and studying at the last minute.