You Can't Study For The Real World

You Can't Study For The Real World

Take notes, soon to be college grads.

2
You Can't Study For The Real World
Shutterstock

It's about that time, College grads. 2 more weeks and you'll be thrown in a world that doesn't come with review sheets or a study guide. Are you prepared? Most likely, i'm guessing the answer is no. You can study for a biology, math, or even psychology test. You can get A's on all of your finals and still be lost when college ends. Unfortunately, there are no cheat sheets for what to do when you default on a student loan, or for when you get a flat tire on your way to your first "adult" job interview. What about when it comes to preparing for that interview, or finding the money to pay that first tiny apartment rent payment? Yes it's terrifying, but maybe that's the beauty of it all. Not knowing what to do, or what to expect when you leave your campus bubble you've spent the past 4 years in. You are expected to learn everything on your own, aside from what your parents may have taught you. Or what you learned in those "life" classes about finance and cooking you took in high school. Sure you have Google, but how far will that get you? The real world is full of surprises, unlike the tests you were forced to take Freshman year. You won't be able to look at your countless pages of notes, and memorize every word. Life isn't based on tests from memory. Remember the time your History professor announced she wasn't going to hand out a study sheet for that final and you panicked? Only because you were going to be forced to study without guidance? I bet you studied more than you normally would. Welcome to the real world, soon to be college grads. It will challenge you, break you, and make you into who you want to be. All while you figure (most) everything out on your own. Good luck out there.