Study Break Ideas For Finals Week

Study Break Ideas For Finals Week

It's always important to take study breaks. Here's some ideas to get you through studying for finals.

83
Study Break Ideas For Finals Week
http://www.qwertyed.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/study-break.jpg

Finals are here! After 16 weeks of learning, we are close to finishing the semester. As we continue to study our brains out this week before we get to Christmas break, it's important to remember to take breaks. Here are some ideas for what to do when you need a break from studying for the most important tests of the semester.

Take a walk

This is a great way to clear your head! If it's too cold outside to walk around campus, take a walk down the hallway or down the stairs. Just walk away from your desk and take a 10-minute stroll. Your muscles will be stiff from sitting while you study, so this is a good chance to get them moving!

Exercise

Take the walk one step further and go for a run. Or, take a break and lift weights. Exercise helps calm anxious feelings, so if you feel yourself getting anxious and stressed about a test, that might be a good time to take a break and head to the gym!

Look at cute pictures of animals

Everyone loves cute animals. What better way to de-stress than to look at pictures of cute dogs or otters? I mean just look at this picture:

Or this one:

Or this:

Talk to a friend

Sometimes, we need to have a good conversation with a friend to take our mind off of studying for a bit. Talking to a friend can help distract you from school work. If you find yourself getting stressed, find a friend who wants to head up to Starbucks with you for a quick coffee break!

Write

Writing things down can help clear your mind. If you find yourself getting stressed, write about your feelings. Write about what is bothering you, whether it's school related or not. It will help clear your mind to be better equipped to study your materials.

Have a three-minute dance party

Do you have a favorite song that always gets you on your feet? Turn up the music and have a three minute dance party with your roommate! Let out all that stress and have fun! It'll get the blood flowing in your body and you'll feel more awake to keep studying!

I hope you remember to take breaks when studying for finals and that these will help you do that! Good luck studying and may the curve be in your favor.