Studying Abroad In China

The Daily Life Of Studying Abroad In China Is Something Worth Writing About

This edition of my ongoing series has some exciting updates.

483
Chinese

Although I personally always travel to Hong Kong, it is still an unforgettable experience to travel to the Chinese University of Hong Kong. I will talk about it based on the below aspects.

Culture

It is still a good idea to grab the best Chinese foods in Hong Kong. You can easily find the different countries' cuisines, either Western fast foods or traditional Asian canteens. In the school, there are more than five canteens, one of which is downstairs. Although the foods are the same each day, we always switch to different dining halls. Students can either eat the salads/burgers or eat rice noodles/roast chickens.

Housing

We live in the double room. Although Hong Kong is small and many students are commuters. Exchange students are guaranteed for their on-campus housing. The on-campus housing is all corridors. The school is divided into the seven colleges. We live in Lee Woo Sing college. We live in the upper hill and need to go down the hill every day for the classes scheduled near the train station. It normally takes 30 minutes when going down the hill. The road is steep and the bus is always fast and risky. Passengers on the bus will sometimes jump out due to the speed hump.

Business class and academics

There are six or seven libraries on campus. I traveled the biggest. There are multicultural book sources. And there are also some computers available for students to self-learn. There are many, many books on the bookshelves. I can easily look up financial accounting textbooks. There are also some Hong Kong-based books such as some political and historical books written by the legislative council members. However, those kinds of books are not eligible for students to borrow.

One of my class is about money and banking. My professor is a local professor who is teaching macroeconomics in Virginia. I enjoyed his class. Though he talks a lot of maths and mixes some current trends in his lecture slides like Bitcoin, I found him very logical and clear in expressing his viewpoints. H always made jokes about economics.

For instance, he said once a Hong Kong citizen left the city for a long period, the bank account may be risky due to the potential change of the address. The Hong Kong bank accounts are not open to non-locals. He was afraid of exposing his American address to the bank staff so every time he insisted that he still remained at the Hong Kong address even when he knew he spent a majority of time outside of his Hong Kong apartment.